Chapter 34: The Lake Of Avalon (reworked)

Ark One: Fate of Eostia Part Fourteen
(Third Person POV)

"Still nothing?" King asked with an annoyed tone.

"Nope!" Crow replied with an equally annoyed tone. "My instincts aren't telling me shit!"

The two Lunarians had been walking in circles within the Forest of Estride for hours, and so far, they hadn't found the portal that Olga and Celestine were talking about.

"Fucking hell," King let out a frustrated sigh. "At this rate, we'll be here for fucking days."

"Yeah fuck that. Ain't no way I'm staying in this damn forest for several days straight," Crow flared his wings. "I'm getting my fucking magic resistance today."

He was about to take flight, but King placed his hand on the teen's shoulder.

Crow was about to give him a confused look but stopped when he saw King's facial expression and finger point to the northwest of the forest.

"Look," King said with a voice of awe. 

Doing what the older Lunarian said, Crow looked where he was pointing, and his eyes widened at what he saw. 

"Is...Is that a fucking Unicorn..." Crow said with disbelief in his tone.

"Uh-uh," King replied.

Approximately twenty-six meters away from them was the legendary creature.

It had large golden eyes, its body coloration was as white as snow, its mane and tail were silver-white, and its horn was three feet long. Its body was above four meters in length, stood at five meters in height, and had a powerful yet lean build.

The legendary creature was looking directly at the duo, standing perfectly still, but after a moment of staring at the Lunarians, it slowly walked towards them. 

"Holy shit, it's walking toward us..." Crow said in an excited tone. 

"I know..." King replied, amused by his clansmen's enthusiastic attitude.

"I wonder if it'll let us pet it!---what if we brought it home?!" Crow said happily, already imagining the looks on everyone's faces. "What if there's more of them?! If there were, then we could take them and breed them!!"

King looked at Crow with an amused look but did give what the teen said some thought. 

"That would certainly be interesting..." King thought voice loudly.

If there were more Unicorns, and they proved valuable in any way, especially combat-wise, then he was sure Kaido wouldn't mind having them as battle mounts for the Beast Pirates. 

He guessed they'd have to wait and see how things turn out before they get ahead of themselves. 

The legendary creature was now within petting distance, so Crow slowly held out his hand to ensure he didn't spook the animal.

The Unicorn looked at the young Lunarian momentarily before pressing its snout onto the teen's hand. 

"Woah..." Crow said in awe and let out a small laugh of joy. "This is fucking awesome..."

King slowly pulled out his hand and touched the unicorn's face.

"Its coat is very soft," King said in surprise.

"I know, right!!!"

After pampering the Unicorn for a while, the mythical creature backed away and turned around. It walked several meters away before stopping and turning to look at the Lunarians expectantly.