CHAPTER TWO

-- TWO MONTHS LATER... --

-- LIAM PLECAK'S PERSPECTIVE --

-- 10:49AM OMNISTANDARD TIME --

I'm leaning on the table in front of me as I consider my next move in the chess game me and Scenty are playing, but, before I can, I hear a voice from above, loud and intimidating, but with a calm tone and a monotony that makes me feel like screaming.

"Hey guys, I'm back..." comes Airy's voice from above. The would-be silence is filled with my hyperventilating.

-- 12:07PM OMNISTANDARD TIME --

Airy hasn't started elimination yet. It's odd. We'd assumed he would start elimination as soon as he came back. If  he came back. Atom's drawings are scattered all over the place. I started looking through them, since I was bored. I notice that a tremor runs through me in anticipation for the presumed upcoming elimination.

Dreading elimination feels like a horrible contrast to when I first came to the Plane. I remember when I wanted to be back at the office with Owen. Back at that shitty shooting range my dad used to take me to. Back with the girl who helped me with voice training. But now I'm just gonna miss the Plane.

Actually, scratch that. I'm gonna miss what the Plane was. It's been hell for me to stay here since Soda Bottle was eliminated. Sure, Scenty is a great friend, but it's just different without Soda Bottle. And... I just can't get my mind off of that damn plug on the other side of the Plane.

My thoughts are interrupted as I suddenly see an object suddenly spawn in front of me. A domino. He looks shocked and confused.

"Uhm... hold on..." I hear Airy mutter from above. The domino is just staring forward in shock.

Is he really dragging more people into this competition?