Chapter 19: Thunder

Balgard: Capital of Sturgia

Presciana and Alea waited at the front of Sturgia's keep. The two watched as the thick clouds began to block out the setting sun. The environment was cold but only increased as night came.

Alea:
What do you think will happen?

Presciana turned to look at her younger sister as they watched the clouds become more gray.

Presciana:
What do you mean?

Alea:
I mean back in the Empire! What will happen with father? And Vadrios? And Pethos and Sora?

Presciana:
Alea, there is no knowing what will happen. All we can do is wait until we can return.

???:
Well I think your about to find out.

The two turned around to find none other that Princess Thyra, Prince Harald's youngest daughter? Standing right behind them. The two had grown quite close to Thyra during their stay in Sturgia and knew all well to trust her.

Thyra:
My father had received a letter from the Empire, and I believe you two should see it.

Thyra ledthe two inside the castle and to the dimly lit throne room. Prince Harald sat on his throne reading a piece of paper while his other daughter, Princess Ingrid and his son, Prince Rorik stood on either side of him.

Presciana:
What does it say?

Rorik:
It's a letter from your Empire, they want us to come to war.

Harald:
Like we will! It's enough that I'm safe guarding you two!

Harald threw the letter down and it nearly fell into the fireplace. Presciana looked to the letter and saw that it was signed "Emperor Vadrios" at the bottom, horrifying her with what could have happened to her father by now. She did, however, look up to Harald.

Presciana:
Your not helping him?

Harald:
Why would I? Why should a Sturgian fight alongside an Imperial?

Harald got up from his throne and drank a mug of ale beside him. While Presciana thought, she walked up towards Harald.

Presciana:
Then do it for yourself!

Ingrid:
What are you talking about?

Alea:
It's Balcodor! If you don't stop it you will be destroyed in a matter of days.

Harald turned to them and try to angrily run at the Princesses with his axe. He did, however, notice lightning sparking outside of the city. They all run and notice the lightning.

Rorik:
Father, you know Thor only strikes his hammer when we are in great danger.

Thyra:
It's true, Father, so will we help them?

Harald still looked annoyed but saw the reason and so he nodded. The Sturgian warriors began preparing their ships to take off. Presciana and Alea tried to walk up but we're stopped.

Harald:
Hold on there, where do you think your going? I may be helping your brother but I will not bring you two to battle.

Alea:
Prince Harald, we have just as much right to fight for our home as you do for your's. If we fight, we will stand a better chance.

Harald thought but agreed and allowed them on the ship. Presciana and Alea changed into armor and took off towards their home. The Sturgians now readied to join the battle to stop Balcodor.

To be continued