⍟⍨3⍨⍟

Word count:603

Your POV:

"I'm prepared to make you a deal."

The man, whose name I later learned was Ryder, circled us. He looked like a wild Piranha, and we were his next meal.

Malcolm cocked an eyebrow, "And what is that?" he asked, putting his arm safely around me.

"The boy, for freedom. And a little extra bonus. Eternal youth." He smiled, holding a vile of dust above my head.

"Pixie dust." I mumbled, slowly reaching towards the bottle. He quickly moved it away. "All magic comes with a price, love." He smiled. "Your son, for your freedom. Eternal youth, but you are stuck on an island. Neverland will be your new home."

Malcolm looked between me and Rumple. His hand reached up to grab the bottle, gently pushing Rumple towards the men. "Take him." Malcolm said, sternly. I looked at my husband.

"Malcolm what are you doi-" Before I finished, he dumped the vile over our heads. My body slowly shrunk, turning into a small teenaged looking girl. I looked down at myself before looking at my son.

Rumple ran into my arms, holding my skirt tightly. "Don't leave me mother!" He cried out, his small tears leaving stains on my clothes. I kneeled to his level. "Don't worry, love. I'll be back for you okay?"

He whipped his teary eyes on his sleeve, looking deep into my eyes. He didn't recognize me anymore. But he knew I was his mother. I dug deep into my pocket, pulling out a small straw doll. 

"Name him, keep him close to you. Me and your father will always be with you." I smiled, my own eyes beginning to shower for the millionth time today. "Will I ever see you again?" He asked, pulling on Malcolm's hand.

He kneeled down, looking at his boy one more time. "Of course you will," I started. "Just look at the night sky. I'll be in the second star to the right and straight on till morning. Got it?" I asked, taking his little hands in mine.

He nodded, I pressed my forehead against his, closing my eyes. I let peace come over my body one more time before letting go of him, kissing his head and quickly hiding in Malcolm's chest.

His now small, but still strong arms snaked around my body. Holding me close as our son was dragged off. 

"Peter! I named him Peter Pan!" 

Those were the last words I heard from my boy. Peter Pan was going to protect him, keep him safe and happy when his parents couldn't. 

And with that we were off. Off to Neverland, our new forever home. A fresh start with just me and Malcolm. My vision went dark, all of my surroundings closing in on me until I was out cold. Cold against his chest.

When my senses came back to me, there were many different emotions. Happiness, sadness, anger. 

I was still gently resting in Malcolm's arms, my head below his. I looked up at the sky, thinking of my little boy. My beautiful boy. Scared and alone. Could I forgive Malcolm for what he did? Yes. Would I ever forget it? No. I would never forget the day I lost my son.

I felt Malcolm's body stir undermine. His face coming close to mine. "Hello." I gently muttered.

He held me close, kissing my cheek gently. "Love, I'm so sorry." He spoke, his head staying on top of mine. "Peter Pan... that's what I'll call myself. If my son can keep us in his heart and mind. I want to keep him in ours the same way." He spoke, his hand covering mine.

I nodded, looking over at him. "Okay, Peter Pan."