Part 1: The argument

Minjae is a 20yo girl who lives with her parents because they aren't any houses to buy. She had saved money for years to go to her dream country, South Korea. Now she had finally saved enough, she wanted to ask her parents if she could go when they normally go on a vacation together.

She walks downstairs, into the livingroom. Her mom is on her phone. *Okay... Lets ask it now* "Hi mom! Can i ask you something?" Minjae says while trying to control her excitement. Her mom looks up and says with not even a spark of interest. "Yeah sure." "Well.." Minjae begins, trying to figure out how to ask it. "You know im already saving a lot of money for years right?" Her mom was already on her phone again. "Yes i know, has it something to do with the money?" Minjae smiles, "Yes! I have enough money to go to South Korea for two weeks. And i wanted to ask... Can i go when we normally go together on a vacation?" Her mom looks up with a slight angry expression. "No! You're coming with us, You're way to young to go on a vacation alone."

Minjae gets a bit sad. "B-but mom! I saved money for years, and im 20, not 14." Her mom looks at her harsly. "I said no. Now go to your room, no food tonight. Be happy its only this, normally i would make you stay in there for more days." She scoffs, "Talking back! You're such a terrible child." Minjae gets angry now. Its always like this! Always do her parents like she's dirt or something like that. "Mom thats not fair! You always treat me like im worth nothing! Like im not your child. Why?" Her mom looks her right in the eyes and says with a cold tone, "I didn't want to tell you this but... You're adopted."

Minjae's eyes widen, her world collapses. Her parents not caring about her was one thing. But she's also adopted? She feels her body getting weak, she turns to the door and runs upstairs back to her room. She lets her body fall down on the bed and cries. She's adopted. That's even badder than she thought. Tears stream down her face and she doesn't know what to do anymore. All those years, her whole life! She lived with people who did like they were family, but now she knows they're not. Everything about her gets unsure. *Is Minjae my real name then? Where am i from? When was i really born? Do i have siblings?* So many questions fly through her head now. But one thing is sure. She's not gonna stay here.

She sits up and takes a deep breathe. She walks to her closet, gets out a bag and puts some clothes in it. *What do i need to take with me?* After putting some clothes and other stuff in the bag she takes her phone and looks at the time. *Hm, its 7pm, if i sneak out of my window they won't see me* Minjae sleeps on the second floor, underneath her room is the bathroom, and a flat roof, she can jump on that, then climb over the wall and run away. She thinks about that plan for a moment and decides to do it. She opens her window silently,puts her bag on her back and climbs through it. When she sits in the frame of the window, she notices its higher than she thought it would be. She swallows and moves forward in the frame, she stands up. Now she's hanging in the frame, she takes a deep breath and jumps. She lands on the flat roof, she fell harder then she thought she would but it wasn't that bad. She quickly gets up and climbs over the wall, when she's over it she runs away as quick as she can.