My Heart is Open Only to You

Omori Pinterest is a whole new level of unhinged tbh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sunny, you have to listen-"

"G-Go away, Kel!", Sunny shouted, backing into the pier behind him. Every step on the pier seemed to creak with danger, but Sunny couldn't concentrate on that right now.

"Sunny...", Kel said, cautiously approaching him, "Why won't you talk to me?"

Sunny's heart beat like a drum in his chest, "I- I nearly killed you- why aren't you mad-"

"I'm not mad. I promise.",  Kel said softly, extending a hand towards him.

Sunny shut his eyes and shook his head vigorously.

"That's a lie, that's so wrong- there's so many things wrong-"

"What are you talking about?!", Kel shouted, "Why won't you just talk to me?!"

"I can't! It's so wrong, you don't deserve someone like me-!"

Sunny took another few steps backward, making sure he was nowhere close to the edge.

Though...those wooden boards looked awfully
weak...

"I don't deserve someone like you? Sunny, it was an accident!", Kel reasoned with him.

"Mari died BECAUSE of an accident, Kel!", Sunny argued back.

"Sunny... please..you know you didn't mean it."
Kel dared to go closer. He had a soft expression on his face, and his hand still poised to reach out to him.

"It's gonna be okay, Sunny. I'm not mad."

"But..but you should be!"

"Who says that?! I'm alive. I'm here. I'm in front of you. Even if I had died, I would've forgiven you in a heartbeat."

Sunny kept his stance defensively, breathing more intensely.

"I don't deserve you, Kel. Please..please go."

Kel sighed, and he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"You know, Sunny? What's the worst thing about this?"

Sunny waited for an answer, almost frightened.

"You always told me to not bottle things up. To always tell you everything that bothered me. Do you remember that?"

Sunny's eye widened at that quote which he recognised.

The phone call seemed so long ago...

"You adviced me something...which you couldn't even do yourself. But...that's okay. I understand where that coming from."

Sunny's stomach panged with guilt and fear.

"But since you told me to tell you everything...I'll do that. Will that get you to talk to me again? Will that get you to open up, and tell me what's going on in your head?"

Kel took a deep breath, and an almost dreamy look overtook him. His body relaxed, and his arms limply fell to his side as he merely gazed at Sunny. He picked up a stone, tossing it up and down.

"You don't deserve me? Why would you ever say that? Why am I on a pedestal compared to you? Why do you say that? What have I ever done...to deserve that image?!"

For a moment, it was surreal seeing his calm expression use such a tone, but he immediately threw the stone with all the vigour he could muster. It fell into the lake with a huge splash.