ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

Before they knew it, it was the day of the county fair. Grace, Jackie and Brooklyn excitedly discussed their outfits. Grace ended up lending Jackie a cowboy hat and Brooklyn, a pair of black cowboy boots. Brooklyn paired it with denim shorts and a white sleeveless top.

Brooklyn paid no mind to Jackie and Grace's conversation about Cole, finding no interest in it. Instead, the girl put on her makeup for the event. A small wing of eye liner and highlighter on the inner corner of her eyes.

"Someone's getting all dressed up." Brooklyn -who was zoned out- zoned back in at Grace's comment. "For who?" She added, a hint of teasing in her voice.

Brook got flustered at this, but hid it effectively. "Please, don't start." She kept up her composure quite well, pretending there was no one on her mind. "It's not for anyone." The girl insisted.

Grace didn't buy it for a second. A gentle knock on the door interrupted them. The door slowly swung open, revealing Isaac on the other side of it. He peeked his head through, his eyes immediately landing on the Moreno girl. "Can I steal her from you guys?" His eyebrows raised at the two other girls.

They gave Brook a knowing look and gave Isaac permission to take her from them. Brooklyn avoided their gaze as she walked to the Garcia boy, curious as to what he needed. "Hi." He smiled as she closed the door behind her. "Hi, what's up?" Isaac pulled out a black cowboy hat and a light green flannel from behind him.

"I heard you saying you didn't have a hat and a flannel last night, so you can use mine." He had a tight knitted smile, placing the hat on her head and softly placing the flannel in her hands. Brooklyn looked up at him, thanking him. "Is that all you called me for?" He paused before shaking his head. "I was actually wondering if you wanted to grab some food before the county fair."

Brooklyn perked up at the offer. "Sure, what did you have in mind?" Isaac leaned against the door frame. "Monty's? My treat." He proposed. Brooklyn couldn't say no to pizza. She nodded her head as she put on the flannel, ready to leave.

The girl let Grace and Jackie know that she was leaving before meeting Isaac at her car. "Can we get slushies on the way to the fair too?" Brook asked hopefully, glad to see him nod his head.

The two paid no attention to the time, getting lost in each other's company. After the pizza at Monty's, Brook drove them to get their slushies. Right after Isaac paid, they noticed they were thirty minutes late to the fair.

Brooklyn sipped on her strawberry flavoured slushie every once in a while while Isaac sipped on his blueberry one. When they had both placed the drinks into the cup holders, Brooklyn kept her eyes in the road, not realizing she took a sip of his drink until the blueberry flavour hit her tongue.

"Oops." She mumbled, placing it back. Isaac's jaw dropped. "If you take some of mine, I get to take some of yours." He took her drink and took a long lasting sip. "Hey, that was much more than what I had!" Brook exclaimed in protest, a smile on her face.

"I don't see any proof." The boy smiled. He loved jokingly pushing her buttons. Deep down he knew she loved it too.

They arrived to the fair, quickly being bombarded by their friends. Nathan, Skyler and Kiley. As they said their greetings, the trio noticed something that Brook and Isaac didn't. Brooklyn was holding a red drink while Isaac held a blue one, yet their tongues were purple. The three gave each other suspicious looks before their eyes darted between the two.

"Why are your tongues purple?" Kiley bluntly pointed out, earning a small tap on the arm from Skyler as a sign to stop. "What?" Brooklyn replied confused, looking up at Isaac who was equally puzzled.