21 | 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘

'What are you if not mine?'

chapter twenty one
first day

          Betrayal.

Betrayal is a venomous feeling. Getting your trust broken is the worst. You feel that icy feeling slither all across your body, on every other inch.

The Golden Trio and Lisa could have been feeling betrayed the moment Alicia entered their Dark Arts class, with none other than Dolores Umbridge introducing her as 'Elizabeth Johnson'.

"Thank you, Ms. Umbridge." Alicia smiled politely at her. "It's my honour to be here in Hogwarts and I truly thank you and Mr. Minister for this wonderful opportunity."

"It's nothing, my dear." Umbridge giggled. "Sit wherever you wish to and enjoy the class."

"Thank you." Alicia nodded at her with a smile before occupying an empty bench at the back of the class.

Everyone was staring at her and she could see that confused look in Lisa's and the Trio's eyes, but she did not dare show any sort of recognition towards any of them.

"Wands away and quills out, please." Umbridge began, turning towards the blackboard, and tapped her abnormally short wand as words appeared on it. "Today we'll be conducting a little test. Let's see how much you've learnt till now."

A collective groan went across the class at the mention of a test, making Alicia smile to herself. School was a different feeling in itself.

She ran her eyes across the board, looking at the series of questions that varied from questions on certain species to some basic definitions. And then the class fell quiet as the sound of scratching of the quills filled the room.

Alicia allowed herself to look around the class for a bit. It was huge and airy with many windows. She almost liked it here.

"Yes, Ms. Jones?" Umbridge's voice called out and Alicia almost responded until she noticed that Lisa's hand was up in the air.

Of course, Lisa was Lisa Jones, not Parker in Hogwarts.

"I'm just merely curious, Professor," she began, "but I was wondering if we could get to know more about our guest?"

"And why would that be?" Umbridge asked, her tone falsely sweetened.

"I mean we would love to hear of her experiences, if there's no problem. Like what is it like working in MACUSA?"

Umbridge looked at Lisa as if she'd just said that the sun rises from the north. "I would suggest you must go back to doing your test instead of troubling my guest."