PART 1

He was sipping coffee while gazing into the stars trying to ward off sleep that threatens to enter his eyes. He cannot afford to close his eyes and spiral down into oblivion as responsibilities sprawled across his hand and legs. "Responsibilities"?  A dry chuckle left his mouth involuntarily at the irony where he shouldered responsibilities and he suddenly misses being the younger person in the team. He was pampered till yesterday and now he is taking care of bruised souls while his broken heart is being fed with nothing but a warm dark liquid popularly known as coffee. He heard a whimper and looked down to see the youngster who cried out in front of a humungous crowd getting restless in his sleep.

Jassi patted Siraj while whispering sweet nothings. The tenderness in his hands reminded him of the times he was on the receivers end in previous knockout heartbreaks and water blurred his vision when he got reminded of the hung heads of his elder brothers who walked away from the field while he was trying to console a kid who was new to these never ending heartbreaks. Jassi shifted Siraj's head to the pillow with soft hands and got up and immediately winced at the shooting pain he got in his legs. He ran for 40+ balls every time praying to hit the stumps only to walk back the distance with the ball again and then sat for time unknown with Siraj until the later slept. 

Jassi moved out of the room and turned his feet towards the terrace when he herd another door closing in the corridors and turned back to face an equally drained and blank face of KL Rahul standing infront of the closed door of Shubman Gill. Realization dawned upon the two not-so youngsters of the ICT as to why both of them were standing in the corridors outside their juniors' rooms at this time. "Terrace" they both voiced out at the same time and strode towards the open area without another word spoken. 

A/N: I know it's been a while and people are recovering from the loss. I also know this story won't be of any help but will rather act as the "ripping away of bandage" on healing wounds but I can't help the nagging feeling I get when I see the clips of Jassi consoling Siraj while having a smile on his face or Rahul bending down on his knees and then getting up and walking back on his own. I wrote this and saved as a draft on 20th of november but now I decided to publish it after the SA tour when everyone praised Rahul the captain and Jassi the mentor. *sniffs*