Part 3

*Knock* (outside one room)

*Knock* (outside another room)

The two people knocking on a door each frowned when they did not get any response from the closed door, hence forgetting all the manners they suddenly cultivated they entered inside the rooms only to find the rooms empty.

Both the occupants exited the rooms with similar frowns adorning their faces and came face to face in the middle of the corridor. "Are you here for the same reason I am here?" Asked one of them and the other shrugged as a response. Both the men changed their destination to the place they were unwilling to enter, The Dining room.

Shreyas was playing hockey with a spoon on a plate, the food replacing the hockey ball, he couldn't believe he scored a single digit on the most important match. He was a brat like Rahul calls him, but he absolutely hates not contributing to the team. Yes he is a brat, only with Rohit bhaiya not with the game. Rohit Bhaiya... Shreyas closed his eyes as the picture of Rohit popped up in his mind like a ppt slideshow as how defeated the said bhaiya looked yesterday.

Ahswin was observing Shreyas for a long time and a sigh left his lips when he saw the lad closing his eyes. Knock out heartbreaks... bloody knockout heartbreaks cussed Ashwin and stood up and strode to Shreyas and patted his head. 

Shreyas was startled at the suddent thumps on his head and turned his head in lightning speed expecting Rohit but on seeing Ash he couldn't help the lump forming in his stomach, how selfish was he that he expected Rohit bhaiya to come comforting him while all he did was perform so poorly on the most important day which should've given his elder brother immense joy instead gave him immense pain. Ashwin was baffled seeing tears in Shreyas's eyes, wasn't this kid an arrogant nuisance?

 Before Ashwin could come out of his thought process, Rahul's voice came up with a forced cheer "Supp Yas? Did not like the bland oats? Here,  got you some Hot chocolate." It was Shreyas who joined Ashwin's bafled club now "What did I do? Why Hot Chocolate?" asked poor Shreyas "Ahmm..... you did not eat breakfast and breakfast is very important meal of the day?" came a very uncomfortable reply from Rahul. God! This job is hard. How does Rohit become the grandpa of the team with such an ease thought Rahul and the respect he had for his captain increased ten folds. Shreyas sipped the hot sweetness and gave a small smile to Rahul and Rahul returned the smile with a small pat on the shoulder.

Ashwin saw this scene unfolding infront of him with a slight open mouth. "Perhaps the youngest lot do not need us anymore Ash. They've got a new set of big brothers for themselves now" came Jadeja's voice. Ashwin turned his head away from Rahul-Shreyas to his right to see Jadeja looking elsewhere, on following Jadeja's vision Ashwin saw Jassi trying to fix Ishan's unruly hair while listening to Shubman venting something about how Australians get everything they don't deserve.

The oldest spin twins failed to see a pair of best friends eavesdropping their conversation and staring at their fist kids who suddenly grew up under their noses and are now shouldering their elder brother's responsibilities as their own while the elder brothers thought their kids needed them hence they barged in their rooms early in the morning.

"When did Jassi and Rahuliya grow up Vi?" whispered Rohit to which Virat replied a "I don't know".

A/N: I hope everyone likes this. Please vote, comment and give a feed back. Will be back shortly with the next chapter, till then take care!