Stay

"Ugh, he's ridiculous!"

Nai snatched open the double doors of the onsen. The scenery stopped her in her tracks, it was gorgeous. It looked like it was straight out of a movie. The water was steaming, filling the air with a beautiful scent that Nai couldn't describe. The stones ascended in size, creating a jagged wall-like structure. The cherry blossom trees growing behind them sprinkled petals into the water creating beautiful ripples.

There was a set of stairs that led into the steaming waters of the springs. The view was so beautiful, looking out into Roppongi. The sun blazed through the opened panel windows.

So pretty, Nai thought. She took a deep breath before stripping off her clothes. She folded them nicely, placing one piece of clothing after the other on the wooden bench near the stairs.

She sighed, knowing she couldn't get too comfortable here. Finding a way home was her top priority, not fucking around. Her heart filled with worry, suddenly thinking about Derek. He probably didn't even know that she was gone.

Nai would wait hours for a reply, never knowing what her so-called boyfriend was doing at any given time. He got comfortable and Nai got complacent. She felt like she had to go home to him. But something was telling her to leave it all behind.

Nai took a deep breath before dipping her foot into the hot water. She could already feel the nerves in her body relaxing. Nai walked in up to her waist, shivering a bit as the cold air hit her shoulders.

Wakasa stood against the wall with a towel wrapped around his waist. He held a cigarette between his lips, pissed that he fucked up again with Nai. He'd put the bet out of his mind. Getting her attention was more important.

She's never going to forgive me, he thought. He ran his fingers through his purple and blonde hair and made his way to the onsen. Waka noticed the doors were partially open. His eyebrow perked up. No one usually came to the onsen during the day besides him. He heard the sound of gentle splashing as he got closer.

He slid open the bamboo doors with a finger.  Wakasa stood there for a second. His eyes widened a bit as Nai came up from under the water. She threw her hair back making water splash in front of him. The way the sun shined on her skin mesmerized him. Nai shook out her hair with a gentle smile on her lips. It made his heart race in a way he never felt before.

His voice caught in his throat. He stared down at her as "Hopeless" by 'Always never was' played from the speakers. Wakasa reached behind him, quietly shutting the double sliding doors. Wakasa gulped, afraid he'd scare her away. He took a deep breath and walked towards the water.

Nai raked her fingers through her hair, her hips swaying a bit to the music. She turned her head to see Wakasa sitting on the floor of the onsen with his leg propped up. One leg in the water, one arm holding him up. His free hand gripped a cigarette between his soft, plump lips. She couldn't help but stare.

Her face turned a bit red. She covered her breasts at the sound of Wakasa's chuckle. "You can have it, I-I'm finished anyway," she whispered. She swam over to the stairs as Wakasa blew out his cigarette smoke.

"Stay," Wakasa said. He looked away, trying to appear apathetic.

Please,  he thought to himself.

"Why? What's the point in staying in the same place as someone who clearly doesn't like me."

Nai turned her back to him.

Chuckling, Wakasa put out his cigarette. He slipped into the water with a smug grin on his face. "Do you really think I don't like you?" He meandered through the water, closing the distance between them. He did his best to restrain his hands. But the cold, soft glance she gave him made him want to lose control.