Chapter 1: Malevolent Shrine - Christmas Short Story

(Present Time)

Knocking on Yuji's dorm room door I wait for him to answer. A little while passes but there stood a yawning teen as the door slowly creaked open, he just woke up.

Yuji: Good Morning Y/N

He rubs his restless eyes while letting out a second yawn.

Y/N: Good Afternoon, Yuji, did you forget I was coming round today? I even messaged you last night to remind you.

Standing outside his dorm room with my arms crossed, I look at the sleepy teen.

Yuji: Oh right, yeah, sorry, I've been so busy with missions lately that today is my first day off in a while, haha.

He scratches the back of his head, smiling at me innocently, hoping I would accept his apology. Yeah, he definitely forgot, I thought to myself. Oh well, not like I'm here to see him anyway.
Yuji glances down to a bag sitting next to my leg.

Yuji: Come on in, oh, can you close the door after you, it's kind of drafty ...So, what was it you wanted to do? ...oh, and sorry for the mess by the way, I should really get around to cleaning it.

I pick up the bag and enter Yuji's dorm room. Glancing around I see a pile of unwashed clothes on the floor while at his sink moulded dishes piled up. I didn't dare go in his bathroom, walking past it was more than enough to put off anyone.

Y/N: Cleaning your room would be a good idea Yuji, but I'm here to see HIM not you.

Yuji sits on his bed wiping away the sleepiness in his eyes.

Yuji: Huh? You mean you're here to see Sukuna.

Y/N: Yes, now can you please switch?

Yuji: Ya'know Y/N I'm getting worried about how close you're getting to Sukuna. He's pure evil and I really don't want to see you getting hurt.

He looks at me worryingly, his eyebrows creating a wrinkle in the middle of his forehead.

Y/N: Yuji, I'm a thirty-year-old woman, I think I can handle myself. Keep looking at me like that and you'll have old man wrinkles on your forehead in no time haha! But thank you for your cute little concern.

Walking up to his seated self I pat his fluffy pink hair while giving him a reassuring smile.

Yuji: Well, I guess he doesn't do anything bad while you're around, he seems to be a lot calmer too. I don't know what you do to him, but you have to promise me you'll be careful ok? If I sense anything bad, I'm switching back to me, got it?

Y/N: Of course, Yuji.

Yuji: Also, quick question, what's in the bag?

Y/N: Christmas decorations.

I step back from the teen and peer into the bag. He tries to peer into it too, but I close it, hiding it behind my back.

Yuji: Huh? What are you going to do with them?

The teen scratches his head in confusion.

Y/N: Shhhh! I don't want him to know before I even get a chance to tell him myself! Now switch, Yuji! ...please?

Yuji: Sheesh, ok ok, I'll never understand women.

He mumbles to himself as he allows the eagerly waiting Sukuna to take over. Yuji's face changes to a grin while Sukuna's curse marks appear on his shirtless chest and shoulders, working their way up his neck to his face. Two additional eyes open under his main eyes.

Sukuna: And you won't ever understand them, brat ...well well, someone is happy to see me ~

With a teary joyful face, I watch him emerge. He stands, positioning himself closer to me. His hand touches my round soft cheek as his thumb wipes a happy tear away from rolling down my face.

Sukuna: Well, what is it you desire? My dear ~

Y/N: I would like for you to bring forth your domain, your Malevolent Shrine.

Sukuna blinks a few times while looking at me blankly at the odd request.

Sukuna: Why should I do that? Are you planning to have a fight with me? Hmmm~

He grins, showing his fangs to me in anticipation.

Y/N: No, I...

Moving the bag from behind my back, I glance down at it in my hand. Sukuna follows my eyes.

Sukuna: What's this? Those Christmas decorations you mentioned to the brat?

Lifting the bag up from my hand, he opens it slightly to reveal glittering decorations.

Y/N: I... umm... Sukuna, I would like to decorate your Malevolent Shrine for Christmas! Please!