IX

IX
March 10th 1978

     I was walking down the staircase to get to the train before it left for the spring holidays; I saw Sirius as usual with James and Remus waiting to get on the train. Sirius makes eye contact with me and comes over to me. I already know what he is going to say.

"You should come with us to the Potters," Sirius says.

"I can't and you know it," I replied.

"You can. There is a full moon over the break. They will for sure know if they don't already." Sirius said with a sad tone.

"They sent me a letter that I had to. What would happen if I didn't come? They will find me or they will find you." I said.

"Well then, so be it. I can't have you getting harmed by them," Sirius says.

"I don't have a choice, Sirius, so please just leave it. I will see you after the break." I replied coldly, then walked away.

I was sitting in an empty compartment when the door opened, revealing a rather frazzled look.

"You can't go back there," James says sternly.

"This isn't up for discussion," I said, not looking down at the floor.

"It is. I can't allow you to go. You know what they will do to you and worse when they find out." James says.

"I know what they will do! But I have to go or they will find Sirius." I replied.

"Love," James whispered.

"Don't 'love' me!" I said.

"Please don't go," James replied softly.

"You know I will regardless of what you say," I replied.

"I wish you wouldn't," James said.

"I wish I wouldn't too," I said, barely audible.

James sat down next to me and leaned my head on his for the rest of the ride. This is how we were sitting.

I got off the Hogwarts Express walking towards Kreacher who was standing there as usual sent by my mother because she couldn't be bothered to come herself.

"Master Regulus," Kreacher says with a bow.

"I wish you wouldn't call me that," I replied.

Kreacher nodded, then grabbed my hand and apparated us to the entrance of the Noble House of Black. I let go of his hand and Kreacher disapparated again with my bag to put it away, probably. I walked up the stairs to my bedroom. Dinner would be soon and I would be expected to be ready.

I sat on my bed minutes away from dinner in my nice outfit, mentally preparing myself for what would come. I had a headache forming and I could feel the moon's pull, but that was regular now that the moon was close.

I walked down the stairs, then into the dining room and sat down at my spot.

"Good evening Mother, father." I greeted politely.

"Regulus, how has the new term been treating you?" Orion asked 'Father'.

"It's been good. The classes are hard, but not too difficult," I replied.

"Good," Orion said.

"Any suitable lady's yet?" Walburga asked 'Mother'.

"Not yet," I said.

"You have time, but you should pick soon so we can plan it," Walburga said.

"Yes, mother," I replied.