[ 31 ]

"So, tell me what happened." The man, Investigator Cho, said as he pressed record on the tape.

"I can't remember much of what was actually happening, but..." Jia sighed as she rubbed her head. "It's Mr. and Mrs. Park. The parents of Park Seeun... The girl in my class who committed suicide." Jia started out. "They're in charge of this all."

"What happened?" Cho asked.

"From what I was told when I woke up... Mrs. Lee told me it was all a game. They wanted us to experience death over and over again, so we could suffer of death the same way their daughter did... They told me they'd keep us there forever..." She explained.

"Game? Could you elaborate?" He asked the girl.

"You know the game mafia, right? You have a group of friends playing it. Some are the mafia, one person is the doctor, one person is the cop, and the rest are citizens. They had us play a game of mafia... But everything felt so real." Jia began to cry again. 

"The last game I played... My role in the game was a mafia... But the rules were twisted in some way... I had so many of these advantages." She added.

"Elaborate on these advantages." He told the girl.

"Well, in the game mafia, there are no advantages... But, in the game I was playing, I was known as 'Mafia Number 1'. The advantages I had was that I was making the final decisions, I was the leader, win or lose the game, I'd still live, I had the ability of a doctor, so I was able to save people." Jia recalled her role.

"And... Oh Jungwon..." Jia said. "Oh Jungwon?" The man cocked an eyebrow. "Park Seeun... They programed their daughter, Park Seeun, to play as this girl named Oh Jungwon." Jia recalled. "Oh Jungwon? Does she exist?" He asked. "No." Jia shook her head. "She only existed in the game..." 

"Can you remember anything else?" He asked her.

Jia took a deep breath as she thought about it.

"They said something... Like, I've played the games a thousand times already..." Jia said. "So... I guess there were different outcomes of the game, but I only remember the last one I played."

"When Yoonseo woke up... Me too... They questioned us on why Jungwon died in both of our last games." Jia recalled. "They said Jungwon was programmed to be the last player alive in the game and that we should've died in the games."

"Do you remember anything else from this 'game'?" He asked the girl.

"In my last game I played..." Jia tried to think. "The mafias were me, Jin Dabeom, Kang Yewon, Park Wooram, Kim Somi, Choi Juwon, and then Oh Jungwon... Who was Park Seeun." Jia recalled.

"The cop was..." Jia groaned as she buried her head into her hands trying to think. "It's okay, take your time." Cho told the girl. "Ahn Nahee." Jia said. "Ahn Nahee was the cop... The doctor was Cha Yujun." Jia recalled.

"Everyone else was citizens." She said. 

"Do you remember who was first killed in this game?" He asked. "Um..." The girl sighed. "Heo Yool." Jia said. "We all voted for Heo Yool because we thought he was the creator of this game and because we thought it was just a fun game..." She said.

"Can you recall how everyone's death was?" He asked.

"Heo Yool... He began to struggle, covering his ears... Then his eyes were white... He smashed his head into the floor but... But... Me and Eunchan... Right, it was Eunchan... We stopped the boy, but he smashed himself into two different framed painting... Then he ran out, jumping through the window, that's how he died." She recalled the first death.