Chapter 13: Qiren's Mess

Lonely Like A Bunny 2

@Wangjis_Cloud

Chapter 13: Qiren's Mess

When they got back to their apartment they found Lan Xichen already waiting outside their door for the two of them, he wore a grim and dark expression on his face, which only made the pair more nervous.

As soon as Xichen heard the approaching footsteps he looked up at them. He patted his little brother's shoulder affectionately as he looked at him with apologetic eyes. He felt bad that he had to be the one who brought bad news to them.

"Wangji," he called softly, then he turned to the one standing next to him as he gave him a light nod, "Wei Ying. You're here."

Wei Ying nodded back in return as Wangji rushed to ask, "Brother, what's wrong?"

The moment Xichen heard the question his brow furrowed and his expression became complicated. He was clearly troubled by the matter he had to discuss with them, and it was obvious he was having a hard time bringing himself to speak about it.

Sensing this, Wei Ying quickly stepped forward and calmed Lan Zhan as he said, "Come on Lan Zhan, your brother is back after a while, he must be tired from the trip. Let him go inside first and have something to drink, don't just stand here and interrogate him outside."

Lan Xichen breathed a sigh of relief and silently thanked Wei Ying for restraining his little brother. Lan Zhan also stepped back and nodded as he made way for Wei Ying to open the door.

"Brother Xichen, please come inside." Wei Ying said to Lan Xichen respectfully as he held the door open for him.

Xichen thanked him as he stepped inside and the other two followed inside. The door closed with a clear shut behind the three of them. Wangji walked ahead and led his brother to the living room, turning on the lights as he entered.

"You two should rest and catch up for a bit, I'll make some coffee and we can talk then, is that okay?"

The brothers nodded and obediently took a seat next to each other on the sofa. Wei Ying headed to the kitchen and turned on the coffee maker, giving some space to the other two.

"How have you been, Wangji?" Xichen asked softly as he examined his brother.

"Good." Wangji replied, then he glanced back at the kitchen and remembered the recent argument he had with Wei Ying and his face darkened as he added, "I made a mistake, but everything is good now."

"Did something happen with Wei Ying?" Xichen asked carefully.

"I made him worry because I worked too much." Wangji admitted regretfully.

Xichen laughed softly as he shook his head, "That does sound like something you would do. You do tend to take things too seriously and forget about anything else when you focus on something. But I trust Wei Ying scolded you properly."

"Mn." Wangji said with a faint smile, then he looked up at his brother and asked, "How has it been for you, brother? Is everything okay overseas?"

"There's a lot of work as well, but it's okay." Xichen replied as a smile appeared on his face, "I found a trustworthy and reliable business partner who helps alleviate my work load significantly."

"That's good then." Wangji replied clearly relieved, he always worried for his brother. "Have you gotten used to living there, then?"

"I guess so, it's been many years already, after all." Xichen said with a bit of nostalgia. He had missed so much of Wangji's life because he had to leave their country at a young age. He also felt bad that he left him all alone with his uncle for a long time so when he heard about Wei Ying he was truly happy for his brother and he also felt very relieved that he had found someone that would stay with him.