Chapter 5, Kiara

"I had no idea such a place existed here" shouted Krish as we made our way into the newly opened amusement park, "thank you Lara for bringing us here".

"The pleasure is all mine" answered Lara as she moved forward.

"LARA WATCH OUT" and there she tripped on a rock a fell flying over Neil, yes Neil.

THUD

"Ouch" said Neil in pain. "Lara you're heavy. Get off, it's hurting"

"I'm sorry okay. But I'm not heavy" she got up, embarrassed. And surprisingly Neil got up snapping but also blushing hard.

Does he like Lara or something? Nah I don't think so, if he did he would have told me. I mean I am the solver of all his girl problems.

"Okay enough guys, people are watching" said Akash.

"Yeah, right. Akash can you please get the tickets for the rollercoaster. There's a really long queue it'll take at least an hour. If you go now I guess there's a chance of us riding it. Will you please?" Lara said with the most innocent face she could make.

"Of course, we'll go now" Akash answered immediately pulling Raghav with him to the rollercoaster counter.

We all laughed.

"I think I'm gonna go to the mad tea. It's a mandatory in an amusement park" said Lara.

"I know right" said Neil. "I'm going to go there too."

And they both left too. Now it was just me, Krish and Josh.

They both were busy rating the rides on the basis of which will make them throw up first. I walked away from them towards the Ferris wheel. I know that I convinced them to come, but honestly I just wanted to be alone for some time. I sat on a bench facing the Ferris wheel. So many people in their own worlds enjoying this place. I have always enjoyed watching people and imagining their story in my mind. I really want to get on that Ferris wheel and watch the entire Manali from the top and listen to some music. I think I'm going to do that.

I buy the tickets from the counter and turn towards crowd. Amongst the crowd I can see a tall boy with messy brunette hair and white face making his way towards me.

"Hey, Kiara. Can I join you on this?" said Josh stopping in front of me.

Why is he so beautiful? I just want to stand here and stare at his face for hours. But I can't. I can never. Why do I even think about these stuffs? Stuffs that can never happen to me.

"Oh! Oh! Yes. I bought tickets for an entire seat." I answered because I planned to sit alone.

"Okay great. Let's go then." he answered.

I sat close to one end of the seat and he decided to the same and sat close to the other end.

The ride was about to start when Krish came shouting and sat between us.

"Start the ride sir" he said excitedly.

The Ferris wheel went for like ten minutes and all through it Krish just kept talking and we were both just sitting silently listening to him blabbering. Whatever I planned was just ruined. But whatever at least Krish was having a good time.

We got down and saw Neil and Lara walking towards us arguing about something.

"No I said I picked up five toys, it's not my fault the fifth one wasn't a toy" Neil exclaimed with great seriousness.

"Shut up and stop defending yourself" added Lara.

"Hey guys"

"Oh hey Kiara, didn't see you guys" said Neil.

"Guys let's have some ice cream. Shall we?" said Josh and everybody agreed, yes me too.

We made our way to the stall and asked the stall keeper for a

"BLACK CURRENT" Josh and me, we both said at the same time. I smiled awkwardly and stood next to Krish.

We all talked and laughed while enjoying the really delicious ice cream.

"Hey, hey guys! Wanna race to the haunted house!" I said excitedly "the one who wins gets to decide who's going to pay for the tickets"

"Hell yes!" shouted Krish and we all started running crazily towards haunted house.

We always have these small races and either Neil or Krish would be the winners and I would be right after them. But wait what. Josh, he is really fast, he reached almost ten seconds before us.

We all stop in front of the Haunted House and catch our breathe.

"Dude you're really fast! So decide who's gonna pay" Neil said panting.

"Thank you, sir. And I am going to pay." he answered.

I always loved the Haunted house. It excited me. We entered and the usual sound effects and sudden popping up of objects began. Lara and Neil had already screamed a couple of times. I started walking in front through the dark lane while the creepy music continued. And just like that a huge white thing popped up in front of me taking me by shock and I stepped a few steps back bumping hard into someone and falling when a strong hand grabbed my back.

It was Josh, again.

It was dark and I could barely make out his face. He grabbed the back of my neck and I froze. His hand, it was so warm. I don't how long we stayed like that but a sudden scream of Lara snapped me out of it and I stood straight being embarrassed.

God, only if the earth could swallow me whole.

I walked fast and got out before all of them, not enjoying even my favourite parts in the place. I got out and waited for them to come out.

After five minutes I could see them.

Krish, Neil and behind them Josh and Lara laughing and Lara tightly holding his hand. It seemed like they were having a great time.

I turn around not wanting to see them.

I guess I just had way too much interaction with Josh today. It's time to go somewhere else, away from him. I know a place where I can feel relaxed.