Chapter 6, Josh

"Josh, would you mind holding my hand I need to tight the Velcro of sandal" said Lara and without waiting for my response held my upper arm tightly and bend to tight the Velcro with the other hand.

I can't see Kiara after our little bump inside. She missed the best part. Krish was leading us inside acting like a macho man. But just as he turned around to assure us that there is nothing to be scared of, a hand came out of nowhere and pushed him into a black room and the way he screamed cannot be explained in words. Neil, Lara and I were on the floor rolling with laughter when Krish stepped out of the room and gave us an angry glare and stormed out and Neil following him unable to catch his breath. We followed them laughing.

"Guys! Akash just texted. We have to rush. The sixth one left, we are on the seventh one." Neil said.

We all quickly made our way through the crowd to the rollercoaster. We saw Akash and Raghav waiting but Kiara was not with them. Where is she then?

"Akash where is Kiara? Haven't seen her since she ran out of the Haunted house." Krish asked.

"Wait! What? You guys went to the Haunted house" Raghav exclaimed. "Without me, seriously"

"We ate ice cream too" Lara added.

"C'mon. That's not fair. You guys enjoyed everything while we stood here in this stupid queue. That's not acceptable." Raghav said angrily.

"Yeah. Okay we're are really sorry. But Kiara, you know where she is? We need to find her before the ride starts." I said abruptly.

"Dude I have been treated with great injustice here. So please, I need a moment to cope up" said Raghav.

"She's inside the arcade. She had stopped by a few moments ago" said Akash.

"Call her" said Krish, "Oh it's with me. She gave it to me to on the Ferris wheel"

"Seriously, Ferris wheel too" groaned Raghav.

"I'll go get her. You guys wait here" I said and ran towards the arcade.

Raghav just kept complaining about how we had ruined the day for him, how he deserved better, blah blah blah. I escaped the situation, running towards the arcade, bumping into strangers, I made my way there.

"Hey I have a friend inside, just gonna take her and leave. So yeah I am entering."

"Oh yes of course, you can't enter without a ticket inside the arcade" said the dude outside arcade blocking me.

"Ughh! If you don't mind we have a rollercoaster to catch. We are getting really late, so just let me call her real quick" I said while frantically shouting Kiara's name from the entry door.

"I mind and you have to buy a ticket" he said while making his grip firmer than it already was.

"Ok, ok you know what, you see there, that lady in pink, yeah she is my friend" I said while pointing at a random girl.

As he shifted his attention on the girl, I pushed him and ran into the arcade. He realised and followed me subsequently while calling for help. Yeah I just successfully made the situation worse. I ran and started looking for Kiara, planning to find her and run into the crowd, disappearing. I think I found her. Yes, it's her on the dancing machine. But wait what.

I just stopped suddenly in front of the dancing booth, stood there. I don't know what happened but seeing her dancing made me feel something. My heart it was suddenly beating a bit faster and let me tell you I was feeling butterflies in my stomach like those silly teenage girls. Her hair it was open, fluttering as she danced, the care freeness in her steps, I was just watching her, feeling thousands of things at once.

"HE'S THE ONE" I heard behind and immediately came back to my senses.

"KIARA" she stopped.

"JOSH! What are you doing here?" she said, confused.

"I don't have the time to explain" I said pulling her (there were two quite muscular men who were trying to get hold of me)

I held her hand tight and we ran out of there as quickly as possible and disappeared into the crowd and paced to the rollercoaster where everybody had already stopped the ride for us.

"They are here, let's go" shouted Neil.

We both take our seats which was unfortunately the last one.

"Okay ready everyone! We are starting." announced the guards.

We all tighten our grip. I was breathing heavily, to be honest, I low key hate the rollercoaster, and it makes me puke hard. But there was someone who was even more anxious than me, the girl next to me, Kiara. Her eyes were open but she was breathing heavily and she was tightly clutching her dress.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as the ride was moving up slowly.

She took a moment before answering, and answered "Yes, I'm"

"NO, I'M NOTTTTT" she shouted as the ride went down with great force.

She shut her eyes tight and with a force held my hand tightly while shouting her lungs out.

For a moment I completely forgot that I was terrified of roller coasters too. I found myself just staring at her and feeling her grip around my hand tighten.

She is so scared. But her fear is something I feel can stop right this moment. Why are the screams around me so blurry? Why is it only her face I can see and nothing else?

I don't for how long I was just looking at her, but the sudden release of hand snapped me out of it. The ride was over and I didn't even realise. We both looked at each other and got out immediately. We both came out and were soon joined by the others. Whatever I felt, I think I just shouldn't have felt that way.

ᴼ ᴼ ᴼ

"Fun day guys, gonna call it a night" said Krish after we all settled on the couch.

He went to his room and soon everybody left the living room leaving me alone. I decided to have a cigar before bed. I went to the rooftop and sat there while lighting my cigar. I stretched my hands and legs and stared at the moon. It was a full moon night. I continued smoking and was thinking about the entire day.

Kiara, I found myself thinking about her again. I don't understand why am I so interested in her, I want to know everything about her. But what if? What if I turn out to be like my father? What if I just couldn't make any girl happy? This shifted my thoughts to my mother. I don't want to see her in the condition she is in, maybe that is the reason I came here, I don't know.

I finished the cigar and lit up another. I continued staring at the moon when a sound shifted my gaze downwards.

Kiara was standing in the garden looking at moon. She seemed upset. I was looking at her when she turned to leave and locked eyes with me.

For a moment we just stared at each other, no smiling, no reaction, just looking at each other, it's like we were right in front of each other. She abruptly looked away and went inside. I finished the cigar and made my way inside too.