Chapter 23 ~ Let Me Down Easy Bitch

"What the fuck?" I whispered to myself minutes after Lucifer stormed out of the room. My body remained pressed up against the wall, the feeling of Lucifers hands still lingering on my back.

Why did he just leave? I was pretty sure he was about to kiss me... I mean he did almost take my shirt off, and lift me onto the wall. I had a bad feeling all of a sudden.

Thump.

Okayyyy?... What was that? "Oh my god Charles get down here its Lucifer!" As soon as I heard Lucifer's name I bolted downstairs, and outside. Lucifer was on the ground with his wings crushed under him, and there was blood covering his entire body. Jenna was hunched over him and was shaking him awake. "Huh?" Lucifer croaked, squirting blood out of his nose and mouth as he spoke.

"Oh thank god." Mr. Crinkle spoke from behind me.

I cringed at the closeness of his voice. "Oh my god Lucifer... what happened to him, why isn't he healing!?" I crouched down next to Jenna and Lucifer.

"He will, it just takes longer because the wounds are so bad." Jenna continued to slap him as he started to drift off again. "Wake up boy, I refuse to stop buying CheeseIts because you won't wake up." She shook him hard.

"Gah lady! I'm fine stop shaking me, you'll just injure me more." He sat up and I could see that his deep cuts and broken bones were healing. His eyes landed on me, and an indecipherable expression was displayed on his bloodstained face. Then he... glared at me? What the fuck?

Lucifer stood and dusted off, his biceps and pecks rippling with the motion. His wings stretched out to a great length, and the bones clicked back into place inside them. I had to slap a hand over my mouth to surpress my gag. I hated seeing him this injured it made me want to cry, but I couldn't do that again after last time... that was fucking embarrassing.

After all his bones were in place and his cuts had healed, all that was left behind was a body suit of blood and dirt. Jenna squeezed her nose and spoke in a squeeky voice, "You young man are going to tell me exactly what you just did, but first you will go shower." She pointed to the front door, which I was conveniently now standing in front of.

Lucifer just began stomping towards me, his wings furling back into wherever they go. I stood dazed for a second, but was jolted awake when I found myself on the ground, nose dripping blood.

He... knocked me over. "What the fuck!?" I stood and called after him, but he was already retreating up the stairs. I covered my nose with my sleeve, it was beginning to gush. "I, my nose is-" I fumbled into the entryway.

"Here come with me dear, I'll clean you up." Jenna placed a palm on my back and led me into the kitchen. When we got there I plopped into one of the hightop chairs that surrounds the large island, peeled my sleeve off my face, and pulled off my sweatshirt. "Please hurry it's starting to gush again." I wailed.

As Jenna cleaned my nose and stuffed a dry tissue up each of my nostrils, I started to question her. "Eh Jenna, uh do you know where Lucifer comes from? Because he told me that everyone here is a... Nephilim? and that he's not..."

She sighed and cleared up the blood on the table. "Lucifer and Mae are the only two angels, yes." She spoke monotonous like. "Wait Samaella is an angel too?"

"Yes."

"Okay..."

"Well who are Lucifers parents?"

"His mother is a very high ranked angel, the wife of Elohay actually."

"Wait... does that mean we're related?"

"What? No, Lucifer is related to Elohay's wife, not Elohay."

"Wait then who is his father?"

"Um... you should ask him that yourself."