Chapter 11

"Who are you? Are you his friend? Why are you two here? Why am I here?" Chifuyu widened his eyes in disbelief, Kazutora asking them these general questions as he's new to this world makes Chifuyu shocked. "Kazutora? What the- what's wrong with you?" Kazutora started to feel more confused about this current situation.

"Seriously, who are you two?"

Chifuyu cannot believe his own ears. Did he hear him right or is he being delusional about this? What does Kazutora mean by that? Baji on the other hand, is still speechless as he saw his best friend being confused about the situation and asking them as they are a strangers who are visiting him.

Just when Baji wants to open his mouth to make Kazutora realized that they are his friends, suddenly the door opened and revealed the doctor earlier. She went towards Chifuyu and Baji and let out a small "ekhem". Both of them turn their heads towards her and the doctor beckoned them to follow her for a while.

Without any choices as both of them still confused, follow the doctor and three of them went outside the ward, leaving the confused Kazutora alone in his own world. He's still processing on what just happened and try to remember everything as hard as he can.

Just when three of them went outside, the doctor shut the door back and look at both of them. Baji and Chifuyu are facing the doctor as they want to know why the doctor is "dragging" them out. "Uh, why do you want us here doctor? Is there any issues do you want to talk about?" Chifuyu finally opened his mouth, asking the doctor.

The doctor look at them and let out a small sigh. She's now adjusting her glasses as she spoke up. "Actually, I've been meaning to tell you two about these, and this is an important thing." Just when Baji heard this sentences, his heart suddenly throb, as something bad is happening right now. It couldn't be any worse, right?

"After he was hit by the truck, his head suffered a severe injury and caused him to develop amnesia. He can't remember anything so far, I hope you two, as a good friend of his, try to bring back his memory as best as you can."

Just then, both of them turned speechless about this. They didn't believe on what did they just heard, but it explains a lot on why did Kazutora act so clueless just now. Of course Baji as his childhood friend was the one who didn't expect about this the most, but it's the truth that anyone can't avoid.

"I-I- .. I see." That's the only word that Baji can say for now. Just then, the doctor spoke up once again. "If this thing doesn't bother you, may I know how did he get into a serious injury?" This question makes Chifuyu's mind remind himself that he wants to ask Baji this question, but totally forgot about it. Now, he's hoping that Baji will answer the question, despite hearing the unexpected bad news earlier.

Baji didn't want to act rude by ignoring the question, of course he answer it back. "Well earlier, he wants to move a cat from the middle of a road, but then suddenly a truck came towards him with a high speed and crash into him. The driver didn't stop, they just drove away." Chifuyu on the other hand, become more shocked about this. How could someone be that irresponsible, he said in his mind.

The doctor was also speechless and sorry to hear that. "Oh my, I'm sorry that it happens towards your friend. How irresponsible of him. Did you remember the truck's plate number? It could be useful if you report to the police tomorrow." Baji nod his head as he heard the question.

"Well I kinda remember the number, luckily. I'll report about this to the police as soon as I can tomorrow." The doctor form a smile and nod his head. "It'll be a rightful action sir. I hope the police officer do their job and not let this slip, this is a serious matter.." Baji just nod his head, agreeing with what the doctor said while Chifuyu is just standing beside Baji without utter a word.

"If you excuse me, I will be going for now. If either of you need anything or a question, don't bother to search and ask me" the doctor form a smile and bow down towards both of them respectfully. She then walk away with documents on her hands, slowly disappearing from their sight. Baji went outside without saying anything towards Chifuyu or even caught a glimpse of him. Chifuyu didn't question that much, he just follow Baji on the back.

Baji and Chifuyu walk towards Kazutora's bed, seeing Kazutora literally zoned out with no sparks in his eyes, looking on the white pure bedsheet. As he realized that Baji and Chifuyu are in front of him, he look at both of them and tilt his head once again. He was going to ask on who are they, but he suddenly remembered something.

"Oh hello! Two of you are the person who just came earlier right? Why do both of you came back? Did you forgot something?" Baji just form a smile and shook his head. "Yes, we are the person from earlier, we are your new friends, my name is Baji Keisuke, call me Baji." Chifuyu on the other hand, a little bit scared on how fast Baji switch up his personality. He's so sad earlier, and yet now he can form a soft smile.

Kazutora just ":0" his face and nod his face. Chifuyu of course, didn't waste any time and introduce himself. "Ah, and I'm Matsuno Chifuyu, Chifuyu is fine, yeah." Kazutora nod his head and form a soft smile. "I see I see, nice to meet you two! My name is Kazutora Hanemiya, as a doctor told me earlier" Baji is a little scared that Kazutora didn't remember his own name, but he's thankful that a doctor told him his name. Maybe he asked about it to them. Possibly.

"Hey Kazutora.. do you remember anything else?" Kazutora look at Chifuyu with the sudden question, and he shook his head. "My brain feels so foggy, but let it be, I don't really mind." Chifuyu just nod his head, not knowing what he wants to respond. How will they possibly make his memories come back? He's trying to think about it.

"Ah Kazutora, the clock shows that it's almost 10:40 pm. We need to go back home, but if we're not busy, we will visit you tomorrow." Kazutora's eyes light up as he heard that Baji and Chifuyu will visit him again tomorrow, quickly nod his head somehow excitedly. "Yeay! Please come and visit me tomorrow, I love to know more about my new friends!" Baji form a smile and nod his head.

"See you tomorrow then" Kazutora nod his head and Baji threw a signal on Chifuyu to go back as well since it's late already. Chifuyu nod his head and follow Baji on the back. Both of them disappeared from Kazutora's sight, leaving him in the dark and quiet room. Kazutora lay down carefully and look at the plain ceiling, feeling excited that both of his "new" friends will come visit him. He thought about it until he eventually fall asleep.

[] To be continue []

Finally I'm done with this chapter, ugh.. my hands hurt. Hshshshshshs wish me luck on my exams y'all. I'm loosing my motivation on this story lmfao. Weird thing is I had the motivation to do a new story.. But yeah, see ya. Don't forget to eat and take care. Bye bye