Arch Nemisis

I am late, late, lateeeee

I am late, late, lateeeee... I need to run! No! I must take a shower. No! I must get dressed. My stomach growled. Oh, for Christ's sake NOT NOW!

I sat on the foot of my bed and took a deep breath. I need to calm down first. I fetched my phone from the bedside table and checked the time. It was 8:45am. Oh god! 

I called Linda and told her that I was caught up with something and will be late by an hour today. She politely agreed and was okay with it. I released a breath I didn't know I was holding. I quickly got up and decided to eat first and then hopped in shower. 

I instantly relaxed, with hot water streaming down my body.

I had cried all night, he had hurt me. I wanted to forget what he had done to me. He trapped me again, like he always did. He is not the same Mayank. He is the bipolar image of the Mayank I had left. He changed into an arrogant bastard, just like his dad!

Flashback
December 2012

"Maya, Maya!" I shouted over my lungs outside his house. Why can't he be on time?

"Coming in two seconds, just wait outside!" he shouted, but I knew he had just woken up. I decided to walk inside his house instead of waiting outside. The moment I stepped in, I saw his dad. Maya can come on his own. I need to leave. I really, really hate this man.

I tried to go out when he noticed me. "Mehek, wait." Of course, the entire block must have heard me shouting.

"Go.. Good morning, Uncle." I said, looking at my feet.

"Stop shouting like a maniac outside my house! And why are you here?" He barked on my face. I hadn't noticed his proximity as I was looking down.

"I... uh. I... was...here for...Maya...no, sorry... Mayank..." He never liked me calling Mayank as Maya. But Mayank was okay with it, but I still thought I needed to change this.

"Shut up! I don't want to see you here again! Did you hear me?" He didn't even let me finish what I wanted to say. I couldn't make up anything. He had always hated me, but I didn't know why. And with time, his hatred was going to the next level.

"Yes, okay. I won't come..." I didn't get to finish my line.

"YOU WILL!" Maya came out of nowhere and pulled me to his side.

"Why don't you understand what she is doing to you? She is a bad news son! It would be great if you understand that before she destroys you." Jatin uncle said. His tone changed to a sweeter voice.

"She is not a bad news dad! She is my best friend, and you need to understand that clearly." He pulled me towards the door before turning back and giving him one last look.

"And I won't leave her, ever." With that, we were out and Mayank slammed the door, loud enough for his dad to understand what I meant to him. 

He started his bike and asked me to hop on. Since his dad had arrived, he must have taken the car for himself. He didn't like Mayank driving. But I was too lost in my thoughts to notice his gesture. He stepped down. Holding my hand, he looked at me.