The Medicine Den

Stormstar's eyes fluttered open, his vision blurry. A light brown tom with vibrant green eyes was peering down at him. "He's awake," the tom announced, relief evident in his voice. The entrance to the den darkened as two more figures entered - a dark gray cat and another with black fur. Recognition dawned on Stormstar - it was Crowstar and Blackear.

"Thank you, Rainfur," Crowstar said, his voice echoing in the quiet den. Rainfur, the light brown tom, dipped his head in acknowledgment before exiting the den, leaving Stormstar alone with Crowstar and Blackear. A sense of foreboding filled the den. Crowstar's gaze was intense, his eyes boring into Stormstar's.

Stormstar attempted to rise, but his legs were weak and shaky. He collapsed with a thud, his breath hitching in his throat. "Go fetch Rainfur quickly," Crowstar ordered, fear creeping into his voice. Stormstar wondered if Crowstar knew his true identity.

As something was administered to ease his breathing, Stormstar felt his breaths become less labored. Rainfur returned, his gaze filled with concern. He gently licked Stormstar, his touch soothing. "Stormcloud, can you hear me? If yes, please say something," Rainfur implored. Stormstar tried to respond, but all that came out was a feeble mew.

Rainfur turned to leave, his voice echoing in the den, "If anything gets worse, call me. I'll come back around moonhigh." Stormstar's throat ached, whether from the injury or the choking, he wasn't sure. All he knew was that he felt weak and vulnerable.

"Stay with him until he is feeling better," Crowstar instructed Blackear, who simply nodded in response. As the den quieted down, Stormstar was left to rest, the events of the day replaying in his mind.