40. Aadhya

It's 3 A

It's 3 A. M. in the middle of night and my phone rang.
I was so sleepy that I missed the first two calls but the third call woke me enough to get up and answer the call.

"Hello!" I said in my sleepy low voice while rubbing my eyes.

I did not bother to see who was calling, my vision was blur because of deep sleep.

"Aadhya, she had a panic attack." I recognized the voice but still checked the name to confirm.

"I'll be there in 20 minutes." I did not ask any questions because obviously I can't waste time on questions over phone.

I got my keys and rushed to my car.

I reached hospital in 15 minutes, finding difficult to breathe and my heart pounding fast.

I saw Aarnav, uncle and aunty sitting outside the room.

"Is she okay?" I asked breathing heavily.

"Doctors didn't say anything yet." Aunty replied.

"Well what happened to her? What triggered her?" I asked.

"I don't know when I got home she was little disturbed but then we had dinner together and went to her favourite ice cream parlour till then her mood was lighten up... But I suddenly felt something is wrong in the middle of the night and I decided to check on Reena. When I got into her room she was struggling to breathe, and laying on the floor. And the next moment she fainted." Aarnav explained while a tear rolled down his eyes.

Before I could say anything the door opened and doctor was approaching us.

"She is fine now, I suppose she got panic because of some nightmare."

"What kind of nightmare?" Aarnav asked.

"I haven't asked her yet, I suggest everyone to come and listen to it yourself. And also I would like to hire my best psychiatrist to look after her case because clearly her panic attacks are increasing and getting worse." Doctor said.

"Sure doctor, do anything that helps for the betterment of her condition." I said.

As I entered, Reena was laying on her bed. She looked awful, very tired and depressed. Poor girl is suffering from God knows what difficulties. I was a psychiatrist myself so I knew exactly how the patients felt when they had a mental breakdown and seeing my best friend in that position always left me heartbroken.

"Are you okay Reena?" I asked her, holding her hand.

"Yes." She forced a smile.

"So tell us what happened from the beginning." Doctor said.

Reena sighed and started speaking.