Chapter 5 - A Shocking Discovery

Early Morning - Blu's Computer?

The stick looks around the blocks, careful to not bump into the transparent platforms as they explore the darkened screen.

Woah, this place is so cool! What do these blocks do?

The stick scrambles up onto a block that reads 'When run' and looks behind it at the code, then at the blocks that were under it. Where am I even? The stick thinks, climbing up out of the area with the blocks and up to the top of the tab. The tab had a green gradient symbol and the words 'CodeX Workspace'.

Wow, so this is a coding website? The stick kept curiously looking around, careful to stay on the tab. The whole area was pretty dark generally, but that could be for a variety of reasons. They walk over to the display in the corner, looking at the time. 6:09 AM. Pretty early to be up and about. The stick kept exploring the place, curiosity getting the best of them.

Morning - Blu's House

Blu woke up to a soft snore from their left, an alarm playing a random song from a meme they found recently to the right, and a small weight on their chest that could only come from their cat Javi. Javi is a ginger-colored cat that could find any way to sneak into Blu's room, most often through the window or door. The small cat also had a habit of following them to school or to Zi's house, not like Zi minded when it was the latter.

"Javi, get off you little twerp." They sit up, pushing the cat off of them and onto the carpet in between them and Zi, which also happened to wake the furball. They meow at them before curling up by Zi instead, who was still snoring quietly. Deciding to wake her up later, Blu crawls out of the sleeping bag and gets up to turn off their alarm, successfully making it quiet and allowing a moment to think. Finally.

They try to relay the last few events of the night in their head, also trying to ignore the slight pounding in their head.

Okay, probably shouldn't have drank that much coffee... eh? Never too much coffee. What was I doing again?

Blu's thoughts were interrupted by a soft whack to their leg, signaling that Zi is now awake. They look down, meeting her gaze.

"Javi got in here?"

"Mhm. He's your problem now."

"Not that I mind, unlike you." Zi started stroking the cat with mock offense to Blu, only amusing them as they sat back on top of their own sleeping bag across from her.

"Well, you don't have to deal with their fur and mess all the time." Blu points out, shaking their head a little disappointedly at Javi.

"Speaking of time-"

"There is never a real speaking of time, Zi."

"Okay then, moving onto the next subject, what time is it?" She asks with an eye roll.

"A few minutes after 7:30."

"AM or PM?"

"..." Blu gave her a look. "Seriously?"

"What do you think? Not at all. Let's just go get some breakfast." Zi stands and scoops up Javi, making the cat meow in her arms. Blu did the same, their stomach growling a little. The two made their way to the kitchen.

Blu's kitchen was pretty small, white tile on the floor and tan-color walls. In the middle of the kitchen there is a small kitchen island with stools around it. It was pretty clean and otherwise barren, with the exception of a few dishes in the sink, the pizza boxes on the table, and the toaster that was always plugged in when Zi came over. Blu takes out some bread and puts it in the toaster.