THREE(CHAPTER 5>6)

**Chapter 5:**

The day of the De Luca negotiations arrived, shrouded in tension and uncertainty. Isabella orchestrated every detail flawlessly, her calm demeanor a stark contrast to the simmering animosity between the rival families.

In the opulent meeting room, Alessandro and Giovanni De Luca faced each other, their eyes locked in a silent battle of dominance. Isabella stood beside Alessandro, a pillar of unwavering support, her gaze sweeping the room, ever watchful for signs of danger.

As the negotiations progressed, the air crackled with underlying threats and veiled insults disguised as diplomatic words. Isabella's instincts remained sharp, detecting the subtle shifts in power dynamics and the hidden intentions behind each word spoken.

Suddenly, amidst the discussions, a tension-filled moment escalated into chaos. Tempers flared, and before anyone could react, a gunshot echoed through the room. Instinctively, Isabella pushed Alessandro to safety, shielding him from the danger as chaos erupted.

In the midst of the commotion, Isabella's heart raced with adrenaline, her focus solely on ensuring Alessandro's safety. Security personnel intervened swiftly, diffusing the situation, but the close call left an indelible mark on Isabella's mind.

Alessandro, momentarily stunned by the events, gazed at Isabella with a mixture of gratitude and concern, a newfound realization dawning upon him—a realization that the safety of this woman meant more to him than he dared to admit.

---

**Chapter 6:**

In the aftermath of the altercation, Alessandro's penthouse became a temporary fortress, guarded by his loyal men. Isabella continued her duties with unwavering dedication, her focus now heightened by the recent threat on Alessandro's life.

As evening descended, Alessandro called for Isabella once more, his demeanor a blend of concern and a growing sense of something unspoken between them.

"Isabella, I need to ensure your safety," Alessandro spoke, his voice tinged with a rare vulnerability. "This world... it's not safe for someone like you."

Isabella met his gaze with determination. "I chose to work for you, Mr. Moretti. I knew the risks."

Alessandro's gaze softened, a conflicted expression crossing his features. "I can't risk losing you," he admitted, his voice barely above a whisper.

Their eyes locked in a moment charged with unspoken emotions, a silent understanding passing between them. Yet, before anything more could be said, the distant sounds of approaching footsteps interrupted the moment.

Alessandro composed himself, his mask of authority returning. "Ensure the security protocols are reinforced," he instructed Isabella, a subtle gesture of protection in the face of impending danger.

As Isabella left the room, a myriad of emotions swirled within her—gratitude for Alessandro's concern, fear for the uncertain future, and a growing realization that her feelings for the enigmatic Mafia boss ran deeper than she dared to acknowledge.