IMMORTAL SHE

PERSEUS 'PERCY' JACKSON was no stranger to the trials and tribulations of a demigod. From the moment he discovered himself to be the son of Poseidon, his life had been nothing but an utter shit-show, and Percy often found himself wondering what crimes he'd committed in a past life to warrant being as consistently fucked over as much as he had been in this one.

With the constant threat of Titans, Giants, gods and monsters dangling over his head, Percy truly thought he'd experienced everything the world had to offer. Unfortunately for him, none of that 'experience' had even remotely prepared him for the news he'd received when he and his friends were magically dropped at the feet of the Olympian council.

The woman he'd thought to be his mother, turns out, wasn't his mother at all but actually his many greats niece. (Even after seven years, his family tree still managed to give him a migraine.) Instead, his true mother was a woman named Niklaus Mikaelson, who gave birth to him alongside a twin sister. And to top it all off, his father was the one to tear him from her arms.

The tale of Poseidon's lover-the woman whose existence was the catalyst in the divorce between the God of the Sea and his immortal wife-was a popular topic among the Olympians. However, despite knowing the truth of Percy's parentage, the identity of his birth mother remained a mystery to them. The slightest mention of the elusive 'lost lover of the sea' in the god's presence was enough to unleash a chain of raging storms across the globe.

Poseidon remembered the day his children were born as if it were yesterday. By no means was it a traditional birth-his children being magically implanted by New Orleans witches into the womb of their mother's distant wolf relative as blackmail in their plan to reclaim the French Quarter. He remembered how Klaus had wailed and pounded her fists against his chest when he revealed to her the prophecy that loomed over Percy's head. With Hope's own prophecy revolving around her birth, it seemed she'd been spared one tragic fate only to be cursed with another. He remembered how he'd begged to send Percy away into the arms of his distant legacy in hopes of shielding him from harm till the day came when he would venture to Camp Half-Blood. He remembered the utter betrayal in Klaus' eyes and the words she spoke to him as he turned his back on her, their son clad in his arms: I will never forgive you for this.

It broke the mother's heart to part from her son, only to be forced to send her daughter away soon after. In the months following the 'deaths' of the Mikaelson twins, the supernaturals of New Orleans watched the streets run red with blood in a way that hadn't been seen since the Original family reigned over the city 300 years prior.

The newfound daughter of Poseidon lingered beside the three Fates, her tribrid eyes flashing as she stared up at her father. Said man sat atop his throne, mouth gaping like a fish, unable to form any words for the child he'd practically abandoned.

"Um, I'm sorry!" Percy shouted, flailing his arms around and effectively knocking everyone out of their collective daze. "But would somebody please tell me what the fuck is going on?!"

The Fates ignored the floundering boy, instead turning their attention towards his sister. "Hope Mikaelson," began Clotho as she toyed with the golden thread she held between her fingertips, "my sisters and I have heard your pleas regarding your mother and have bestowed upon you the opportunity to change the events that lead up to her death."

"She and her siblings will be arriving shortly to witness their past and future with the rest of you," finished Atropos and Lachesis.

"Thank you, my ladies," said Hope, bowing her head in gratitude. "I'll forever be in your debt."

It seemed incomprehensible to Poseidon, as he listened to their words, that he'd remained blissfully unaware when the woman he loved met her demise. Surely he'd have felt it-a debilitating pain in his chest strong enough to trigger an earthquake so large as to have once roused Gaea from her slumber.