ii. the truth comes to light

The throne room was quiet as the gods and demigods fought through the shock of the Sun and the Moon Curse being fake.

Annabeth, on the verge of a mental breakdown, had her hands locked in the roots of her hair as Percy attempted to soothe her racing mind. Her failure to identify Klaus and Elijah's lie had dealt a heavy blow to her ego.

Her mother was in a similar state of distress, being patted on the back by a reluctant Hermes, who looked as though he wanted to be anywhere but there. He sent a glare towards Ares and Apollo, who were snickering in the back row.

"I hate you," he mouthed, eliciting another round of snickers from his half-brothers.

GILBERT RESIDENCE

[Alaric/Klaus, Jenna and Stefan are sitting at the table having dinner.]

Klaus/Alaric: Oh, I know this all sounds so crazy, but...vampires are real. Would you care for some more wine?

"I would," Dionysus grumbled, earning a glare from his father.

[She gets up to get a bottle of wine for Jenna.]

Jenna: Get out.

Klaus/Alaric: Excuse me?

Jenna: I don't know what it is you're trying to do or why you're saying these things, but...

Klaus/Alaric: Jenna...

Jenna: I said get out!

[Stefan gets up.]

Stefan: You heard her.

Klaus/Alaric: I'm afraid I don't want to.

Jenna: Fine! I'll go.

[Klaus/Alaric picks up a kitchen knife off the counter.]

Klaus/Alaric: You're not going anywhere.

[Stefan grabs her and pushes her against the wall with his super speed and puts the knife on her throat. Klaus/Alaric laughs.]

Jenna: Stefan!

Stefan: Jenna, get out of here now!

Klaus/Alaric: You can't kill me, Stefan.

Stefan: Watch me!

Jenna: Stefan!

Klaus/Alaric: I may not have a witch protecting me today, but if you kill this body, what's to stop me from choosing Jenna as my next one?

Stefan: Jenna, go.

Jenna: But you're...you...

[He looks at her. His face has changed.]

The demigods gaped as they caught their first glimpse at a vampire's true face. They'd faced off against a variety of monsters but never anything so human-like. It was unsettling to find out that these monsters had been lurking over their shoulders the entire time.

Stefan: (Shouting.) I said go!

[She runs out of the house.]

Klaus/Alaric: Kill me. Just remind Elena how easy it will be for me to get my revenge if she tries to stop me from breaking this curse.

[Stefan punches her in the face and once Klaus/Alaric is on the floor, he kicks her in the stomach. He throws the knife on the floor and leaves.]

Kol was confused by his sister's refusal to fight the younger Salvatore brother. Even in another body, human or not, she was more than capable of killing a baby vampire. "Why the bloody hell did you let him throw you around like a rag doll?" he asked.