𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

Chapter 01

Chapter 01.
Goodbye New York, Hello Colorado
┈┈┈┈┈❀┈┈┈┈┈

Delilah knew what it was like to lose a family member. Her mother abandoning her when she was little and her father dying in her early teens.
After her father's death, Delilah was forced to move from South Carolina to New York to live with her aunt who was a lawyer. Delilah didn't have anyone she could count on during those lonely days where she wanted to do nothing but stay in bed, eat ice cream and cry away her problems. Of course, she wasn't totally alone, she had her aunt who did everything she could to raise Delilah but she was very busy and was barely ever home as it was.

Then she met Jackie. The two despite being total opposites of one another, got on great together. The two became fast friends in school and where you found one, the other wouldn't be far behind. They were as thick as thieves, some would even say they were soul sisters. Jackie helped to fill that void in her heart that had been left empty by the loss of her family.

Upon hearing the news about Jackie's parents and older sister, Delilah had refused to leave Jackie's side. She would be damned if she let the one person who helped her so much, go through something like this alone, she knew what that could do to a person.

When Delilah found out that Jackie wasn't going to be staying in New York and was instead moving to Colorado to live with her mother's best friend, she immediately starting planning a way for her to go with her. Delilah knew first hand how daunting and overwhelming moving to an entirely different state to live with someone you don't know could be.

Delilah had been planning on buying an apartment of her own with the money her Dad had left behind in his will, along with some money her aunt had given her. However, upon hearing this Katherine had refused to let Delilah stay in an apartment by herself and insisted that she come and stay with Jackie at the Walter household.

So, that was how Delilah found herself standing at Colorado airport alongside Jackie, waiting for Katherine to come pick them up. Neither of the two had any idea just what living with the Walter's would lead to.

┈┈┈┈┈❀┈┈┈┈┈

Delilah and Jackie had just landed in Colorado and were waiting in the airport foyer for Katherine and George to show up. Delilah had taken a seat on top of their luggage with a lollipop in her mouth as she looked around the airport in boredom whilst Jackie face-timed her Uncle Richard to tell him they had landed safely. Delilah didn't both calling her aunt since she knew it would go to voicemail since it was during work hours.

Delilah's head perks up when she spots a beautiful ginger haired female walking up to where her and Jackie were waiting, causing Delilah to jump down from her luggage and walk up beside Jackie, linking their hands together when she saw how nervous and overwhelmed Jackie was feeling.