𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Chapter 03

Chapter 03.
Ice cream and Horse riding

┈┈┈┈┈❀┈┈┈┈┈

Delilah and Jackie were now sat in their chemistry class, the former who was sat with her book open, doodling various pictures whilst Jackie paid attention to every word the teacher was saying.

"Okay, so I need you in groups of three, there will be one group of four" The teacher announces as the class stand up and begins forming their groups. Jackie looks around hopefully for another person or two to join her and Delilah but everyone ignores her.

"Hi, I'm Skylar. You can join our group if you want" A voice says from beside Jackie, causing Delilah to lift her attention away from her doodles and towards the grinning boy beside their table.

"You know our names right?" Jackie asks with a sigh.

"Everyone knows your names, We don't get many newbies here" Skylar explains with a chuckle as he gestures for the two girls to follow him to his table.

Skylar was writing down the reactions of the experiment, whilst Jackie poured the varying liquids into the different test tubes and Delilah wrote down the chemical equations and expected reactions.

"Sky, you know that new girl that turned down the opportunity to sit with Cole Walter?" Grace asks excitedly as Skylar looks towards Delilah who was staring towards Grace with a bored look.

"Apparently, she moved here with her friend Jackie. Jackie's mom was apparently some fashion designer and she died six months ago in a car accident with her whole family. It's really sad actually..." Grace explains as Delilah worriedly glances over towards Jackie who had stopped pouring the chemicals and was sat with her head down.

"Excuse me, Hi I'm Delilah and this is Jackie." Delilah speaks up causing Grace's eyes to widen as she slowly turns her head away from Skylar and towards the two girls sat next to him.

"Next time you want to talk about someone, try and do it when they aren't sat right next to you" Delilah says with a closed eye smile but Grace could tell she was pissed and so could Jackie.

"Holy shit..." Grace says in shock still looking between Jackie and Delilah, although more so Jackie because she was feeling uncomfortable under Delilah's stare.

"What she means is sorry" Skylar says with a pointed look as Grace nods enthusiastically.

"Yeh. I'm really super sorry. I didn't know you were right there" Grace replies with a nervous chuckle.

"It's fine" Jackie says dismissively, as Grace walks around to Skylar's side putting on her lab coat.

"So, sorry, how do you know Cole?" Grace asks confused, turning to look at Delilah who was no longer glaring at her and had returned to writing in her notes.