Prologue

"𝕎𝕙𝕠 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥?" "𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖?" "𝕀'𝕞 𝕘𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒 𝕓𝕒𝕕 𝕗𝕖𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕙𝕚𝕞,"

Where am I? It's dark again.

M/N L/N's eyes blinked as soft rays streamed past the horizon, the slowly rising sun turning the sky into a watery mix of reds, oranges and yellows. The streets were peacefully quiet, absent of the market stalls and the bustling customers they brought with them. The only sound stopping a thick blanket of silence engulfing the rows of buildings and houses was a soft rhythmic thudding of footsteps tapping against the uneven flagstones as M/N calmly walked through Zaban, a clear purpose evident in his confident strides.

To be honest, M/N was slightly surprised at the lack of other participants following the same path as him towards a small ramen shop on the North side of the city but he supposed that most people avoided waking up at 4am. What could he say? He was determined.

M/N did have to admit, though, he was pretty glad there was no one else around, his appearance could sometimes get some... odd looks. And, although he was used to it, it was not always the nicest feeling. Not he that was bad looking by any means but - as described by a group of nine year olds when M/N was walking by a park - he seemed to give off "Bad vibes". None the less, this had not deterred the long string of confessions from either sex that his (H/L), (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes had attracted over the years but the male had never reciprocated feelings from any of the desperate queue of people.   No, M/N had a goal.

While it might not be as dramatic as avenging your massacred clan or escaping from your family business of assassination, M/N wanted to become a hunter not for money but to help as many people as possible and he was determined to fulfil it. M/N was always a very empathetic person so seeing the ruined lives of the inhabitants of his home in Meteor City had always saddened him greatly. 

So, if anyone ever wondered what put such a determined look on M/N L/N's face he would answer, almost truthfully. 

Note:

I did not really know what to write for this part and I will probably end up doing some heavy editing later on but for now I think I am just going to experiment for a bit. Please do not hesitate to point out any grammar errors or spelling mistakes

-Goose

Word Count: 415