𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐼 - 𝒯𝒶𝓁𝓁, 𝐵𝓁𝑜𝓃𝒹𝑒, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒫𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓉𝓎

"The next stop is Shin-Osaka."

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. The constant tap-tap of your feet against the floor of the train was just barely managing to keep your boredom at bay. As the automated announcement faded, a bit of hope sparked, promising that you would soon be done with this never ending 2-hour 17-minute journey aboard the Shinkansen, which felt more like 2 days and 17 hours.

Japan's iconic bullet train, or more formally known as the 'Shinkansen' was the superhero of transportation. It was not just any old train, but a high-speed VIP express that has been zipping through Japanese tracks since '64. While the speed of this train took the spotlight, this ultra-fast train offered many more features. Super comfy seats, huge windows for breathtaking views, and food that puts typical airplane meals to shame (not that airplane food was any good to begin with).

As the trained zoomed towards its final destination, Osaka, your gaze naturally drifted to the gigantic windows. To a tourist, the view was something out of a fairytale – endless blue skies, luscious green landscapes, and Sakura trees blooming with pink flowers. The soothing hum of the bullet train and clean air from the electric-powered locomotive only enhanced the experience. However, even the most spectacular of Japanese landscapes could not quite alleviate the metaphorical exhaustion you felt within.

Life was dull.

Actually, that's an understatement.

Life was fucking miserable.

Today marks your 865th day as a Jujutsu Sorcerer. It also marked your 865th day of misery, your 865th day of exorcizing random curses, your 865th day of pretending to be productive, your 865th day of procrastination, and your 865th day of wanting to quit this crappy job. The list goes on, likely with 865 more reasons for wanting to send in a resignation form.

Being one of the few Grade 1 Sorcerers from Tokyo's Jujutsu High, you found yourself constantly being dispatched on a variety of missions. During missions that stretched over days, you sometimes found yourself going blow for blow with Special Grade curses. Then there were those lighter tasks, like last week when you were dispatched to accompany Utahime to a Karaoke night. Your mission? Ensuring she did not get too drunk and accidentally stumble upon a Cursed Spirit on her way home.

Today happened to be one of those mission days, and to make things worse, this assignment was going to be a tough one – maybe the hardest in your 865 days of working as a sorcerer. However, your own safety did not bother you whatsoever. Being one of the powerhouses within the Jujutsu Society, your strength was almost on par with a Special Grade Sorcerer. The only thing that was holding you back from being a Special Grade was probably your lack of enthusiasm and reluctance to take on missions. But, you know, money does not grow on trees. A job is a job, and rent does not pay itself – especially in Japan. 

Your daydream was abruptly interrupted with a sudden buzzing in your pocket, from phone notifications. Reaching into the pocket of your custom-tailored Jujutsu High uniform, you started dreading who might be texting you at this time.

"Who on earth is spamming me with notifications?! If its Gojo again I swear I'm gonna kill him..." you muttered under your breath, fully aware that even if you legitimately wanted to kill him, it would be impossible.

___

|Messages

Gojo Satoru - 3 unread texts

___

"Fuck."

Gojo Satoru, the big shot at Jujutsu Society. He does not just carry the title of the strongest sorcerer, but he practically has it plastered on a massive billboard above his head and does not shy away from reminding everyone about it every chance he gets. With both the Limitless and the Six Eyes up his sleeve, he is pretty much a walking nuclear bomb. Oh, and he is also your sensei. Yep, you heard that right – the one and only Sergent Six-Eyes is your personal teacher.