A Christmas Carol

I would like to specify this is not a part of the main plot AT ALL

______________________________________

Twas' the night before Christmas and Katsuki Bakugo did not give a fucking shit. He swore at children, he's been disrespectful to his parents and all young and middle-aged adults. He was incredibly kind to the elderly, one of his stranger character traits the author has given him, but he was in general still an unpleasant person to be around.

As Katsuki went to bed something strange occurred, a ghost of a boy he knew long ago. The boy was a year above him in middle school when he first joined. He was quirkless, he took his own life at the start of the second semester. Katsuki never knew him well, he was just a fleeting memory but he still felt guilt each time he thought of him. He wonders if he never ignored his cries of pain, or never join in with the jeering, he would still be alive. It's a foolish thought, holding onto the past like he has, it hurts him to think he has never changed.

The boy's ghost was faceless, there were chains around his pale body and a simple gown that hung loose on his body. The boy came near to him, close enough for Katsuki to feel his cold breath along his face. Katsuki didn't know why there were chains on him, the boy was the victim of his existence.

"H-hi Katsuki, um... this is awkward. Wait is that a limited edition All Might collectors card!" The ghosts attention drifted to his wall where the card was framed.

"Why the fuck are you here?" Katsuki stared into the place he thought his eyes were.

"Oh yes, I shouldn't forget." The ghost cleared his throat. A mist slowly came from under his door and suddenly the ghost started to look alot more menacing.

"You see the chains upon my body, it is the sins I have committed in life. They weigh me down, they give me no peace and they will be your fate after death if you do not change your ways.
You will have three visitors who will come at midnight. They will help you see the error of your ways"

"What sins did you commit?" In his memory the boy was a Saint. He was simply silent.

"Sometimes the act of doing nothing is worse than doing something. My situation could have been solved so easily if I simply told a soul how much pain I was in. Yet I did not,it was hard and painful, I believed it was my pain alone to bear. It was easier to suffer in silence and because of that, my life was simply the price of my burden." The ghost looked towards the window and for a second Katsuki saw his face, brown doe eyes bore into his own and toothy grin.

The ghost fell through the window and Katsuki ran to it, he saw many people flying with the similar chains and ill fitting clothes. He watched in awe as his ghost waved and flew to catch up with a few others around his own age. It seems like death was his beginning, he honestly doubts he regrets anything. However it does bother him, if a quirkless kid got that much chains for doing nothing, imagine how heavy his chains would be.

Katsuki sat down awake, waiting for midnight, he was slightly afraid of who the visitors are. Would they also resemble people of his past? He wonders how heavy the chains would be if he would bear them, he has done nothing and he has done something, both of which was at the expense of someone else's pain.

The bell rang twelve times.

Katsuki laughed to himself for believing such an absurb thing, he was probably dreaming when he he thought he saw a ghost.

"You weren't dreaming, pup." Katsuki looked up to see Midoriya wearing a white tunic and had a belt that was so mesmerising words could not describe. In his left hand he held a cap and in the other a holly, his hair glowed.