1

(your outfit for this chapter)

It's almost comedic how life is so unpredictable

It's almost comedic how life is so unpredictable. One moment I'm helping my sister with a mixer she had organized and the next we were on a plane to Colorado after we were just told our whole family had died in an accident not so long ago and we now had to move in with our mom's best friend's place for God knows how long.

"Jackie, when is the women supposed to be here?" i ask for what seemed like this millionth time. My older sister has just ended another call with our uncle Richard, it's become a thing for him to call every now and then, not that I don't appreciate him caring so much it just isn't normal and I need normal or as normal as things can be.

"For the last time, they are going to be here soon so calm it down. Also, out of your entire closet you chose to go with that outfit?" Jackie and I both have very different style and aesthetics, she goes for the New York business attire while I dress more comfortable and casually, it's one of the many things we don't have in common.

Right before a could comment on what she had said, a familiar redheaded woman approaches us with a genuine smile across her face. I automatically assume she's the person we've been waiting for as she first pulls Jackie into a hug and then goes to hug me. As she hugged me, she kind of had to hunch over considering our quite obvious our noticeable height difference, even then it still felt very genuine which is something my life has missed since the accident.

"I'm so happy you girls are here." She says with a smile.

"Thanks Kathrine." We both say politely. We are also introduced to her husband George who I also have a slight memory of. We make some small talk, mostly her asking how the flight was and all that kinda stuff until we started our journey to the Walter household.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

I hadn't realized I dozed off until I felt a soft hand shake my shoulder, gently waking me up from my simple sleep. My eyes flutter awake as my sister's face shines down on my reflecting the suns light on her tan skin.

"I know how you don't like getting woken up but we're here and Kathrine didn't wanna wake you." She says softly. It's commonly known that I hate getting up or more specifically getting woken up by anyone, so I understand what she means. Stepping out of the car makes everything real, leaving everything behind and starting completely from scratch with a new me. A me that I don't know who that is.

Kathrine is on what I assume to be a work call because she was trying to balance everything in her hand while simultaneously talking directly to whoever was on the other side of the phone. Jackie and I just stand in front of the wooden doors silently waiting for something, and that something seemed to be a teenage boy probably Jackie's age rapidly zoomed past us.

"Move!" The boy exclaimed while moving past us without a second glance. Subconsciously, I roll my at his ability to not see us right in front of him but nevertheless move on.