(your outfit to stay home)

I was able to sleep for a total of 15 minutes before Jackie calls me over to her bedroom

I was able to sleep for a total of 15 minutes before Jackie calls me over to her bedroom. As one may have thought, it took me a few moments to fully separate from my bed considering first I have to wake up, then I have to fight the urge to ignore whoever called me and go back to sleep and finally I get the strength to rise from it. 

Once I reach Jackies room, my patience already drops. This girl woke me up to help her organize her things in her new room. I swear I was about to curse like a sailor but that would be excessive. 

"Can you please help me put may stuff away?" She pleas again. Surprisingly, this is one of the things we do have in common, the both of us organize things to distract us from whatever is stressing us out. Just as we begin to separate the boxes, we hear a soft knock on the door. We both say, 'come in' and Kathrines florescent red hair appears through the door. 

"So how are you guys settling in?" Not to sound like a crystal girl but Kathrine gives off this positive energy, like everything she says she genuinely means. I can tell that everything she does is to make up feel more and more at home.  "Do you guys need anything? Also, I'm sorry you guys have to settle for these small rooms." 

"Not at all," both Jackie and I move over so Jackie is sat on the bed and I, on a desk chair. "I'm just sorry we're such an inconvenience." I apologize. 

"Please, you girls will probably give me the least problems in this house. I also don't have any more time to paint or use anything in the attic." She gave us both a sad smile. 

"Oh, how did the surgery go?" Jackie asked out of curiosity and trying to keep the atmosphere light and airy.

"It went fine. It turns out Bo had a really bad ear infection. He's gonna be ok but it was bothering him and his owner." Kathrine explained.  

Another questions erupted out of Jackies mouth. "Did you study veterinary at Columbia?" the question caught Kathrine by surprise, but she gave us an answer anyway.

"No, uh, i did get my first degree at Columbia, but then i wen to vet school at Colorado state," She explained to us. "God, it feels like such a time ago," a sad chuckle leaves her lips as she reminisces over memories. She looks at Jackie as she continues to speak. "You're so much like her you know," 

"Our sister is..." I take a pause. "Was... exactly like are our dad." the air around us seemed to thicken. I take a deep breath in, allowing Kathrine to continue talking.

"But you Jasmine. You are a mix of both." She shifts her entire body to face me, focusing on me. It felt strange being the focus of someone's attention. "You have you dad's features but i can see your mom's spirit in your eyes." 

Wow...

I'm left speechless at Kathrines words. I'm still processing the few words she said to me. No one had ever spoken to me with such sincerity and love for a long time. I had zoned out for most of the conversation. 

"Girls, I know that coming here is hard for you. And i can't even imagine what you're going through, but you know it's what your mom wanted. I mean, your uncle Richard, he loves you, but he travels so much for his work. And your mom wanted you to be around a stable family environment. You girls get that right?" 

The both of us nod our head in agreement as Kathrines gently grabs hold of our hands. A tear threatened to drop from my eyes, but I removed it before anyone could see. no one could see. 

"I loved your mom, and we made a promise to each other that we would always be there for each other's families if they ever needed us, and I wanna be there for you." She brought the both of us into a warm embrace. She was trying her hardest to make us feel at home, or what a home should feel like. 

Honestly, if everyone here is as kind as Kathrine, I doubt there will be any problems. 

A/n 

Guys ik this chapter was short but i just wanted to show how hard Kathrine is trying to make the girls feel at welcome and show how Jasmine lacks attention but in a non pick me way. 

Also please comment, i wanna hear what u guys think of the story and everything. ;]

Amanda