1. The reaping

I walked the empty streets of district 4 after waking from a nightmare slowly making my way to my best friends house

I walked the empty streets of district 4 after waking from a nightmare slowly making my way to my best friends house. When I arrived I stepped up the ladder that Finnick had set up for me. I tapped on his window three times and waited quietly.

He opened the window with a smile 'hey Lulah'

'Hey finn' I stepped inside and wrapped my arms around his torso.

He rested his chin on my head somehow he has went from being a head shorter than me to 6 foot in a year 'Are you okay?'

'Just nightmares nothing that hasn't happened before' I said detaching myself from him and sitting on his bed 'lay down with me?'

He didn't say anything but laid next to me wrapping a protective arm around my waist.

'How many times is your name in today?' I asked his quietly.

He sighed '15 what about you'

'Only 7' I said 'our names are unlikely to come out aren't they?'

'No our names won't be pulled I promise' he said. 'Go sleep Talulah'

'Good night finny' I said nestling against his chest.

.........

I dressed into my white knee length dress and met Finnick at the end of the street 'hi finny'

'Hey lulah' Finnick linked arms with me. 'How are you doing'

'I'm as good as you can be on the reaping' I said smiling lightly. We started to get close and had to separate into the girl and boy section. I wrapped my arms around him tightly. Then stepping away but before walking away I bowed deeply and put on a thick Capitol accent 'may the odds be ever in your favour'

Finnick laughed 'bye lulah'

I stepped into line with all the other girls while searching for my mother in the crowd of worried parents. I got to the front of the line and I still couldn't find my mum but I didn't pay any mind to it and walked up near the front with the 13 year olds I looked along the line where it met the boys and met Finnick's eyes. I smiled at him as Magnolia Jameson walked up the stairs to the platform. 'Welcome, welcome now before we get started I have a very special video all the way from the Capitol' The video that has played every year blasted through district 4. 'Now wasn't that lovely ' Magnolia Said at the end of the video 'now as usual ladies first' she took a glove off and walked over to the fish globe full of the girls names 'the female tribute for district 4 is...' my heart stopped waiting for her to say the name 'Talulah Alloway'

I looked over at Finnick as I made my way to the stage stumbling as I reached the stairs.

'Come dear don't be afraid' Magnolia reached for me and pulled me along with her. 'And now for the boys' she walked over to the other fish globe full of the boys names 'the male tribute for district 4 is Pluto Pillard' A boy I recognised from the flower shop 'now you two shake hands' I turned to him and shook his hand.

'Come on dears' Magnolia led us through some doors and into separate rooms so we could wait to see our family. I sat down on the floor fighting back the tears threatening to fall down my face.

'Lulah' I looked up into the face of my best friend. I stood and threw myself at him wrapping my arms tightly around him 'you'll be okay'

'Yeah I'll be fine' I said trying to convince myself more than him.

Finnick took my head in his hands 'you can win I know it your the best person at combat I know just find a trident or even a sword and you'll be fine'

'Finny don't talk just stay for a minute' I held my head flush against his chest. A minute or so later peacekeepers came in 'I love you fin so much'

'I love you too lulah see you soon' He said as he was dragged away.

I waited a few minutes expecting my mother but she never came so I was led out by Magnolia to the carriage to take us to the train before we stepped on the train I took a deep breath of the salty air trying to memorise the scent. 'You two are in for a threat the train is just lovely we will be at the Capitol in no time' I looked out of the window over the people of district 4 maybe for the last time. We got on the train and i waited to be shown where my room is then I made a beeline for my room. I sat on the bed and saw that there was a connecting bathroom. I walked in and looked at myself in the mirror before doubling over and throwing up all of the little breakfast I had managed this morning in the toilet. I made my way back to my bed and laid down not wanting to leave to go for dinner so I stayed in my room all night. At around 11 I heard a knock on my door. 'Come in' i said weakly.

Pluto walked in holding a plate of food I sat up so he could sit on the bed 'hi'

'Hi' I said.

'I brought you a plate' he handed me the plate in his hands.

I smiled lightly 'thank you Pluto, how are you doing?'

'I'm alright everyone is worried about you' Pluto said frowning.

'I'll be fine' i said

'Yeah you have a very good chance of winning' he laughed looking at the floor.

'No I don't look at your your are double the size of me you could easily win' I said taking a bite out of a type of pastry I had never tried before.

'Talulah do you not know how good you are?' He said standing 'I've seen you with every weapon imaginable if anyone has a chance of winning its you I'm going to go to bed have a good night Talulah'

'Good night ' I said putting the plate on the bedside table. I laid down thinking of district 4 my home. The way the waves danced at my feet when fishing with Finnick.

Finnick.

My god I hope I see Finnick again.

Ruby Note: hope you enjoyed the first chapter it's only a short one but I already love Talulah I've already mapped out her whole life.