The Arcade Encounter

Will Byers sat nervously in the corner of the Hawkins arcade, his eyes fixed on the entrance. He couldn't believe he was about to do this, but he had to know. His heart raced as he saw Mike Wheeler enter with his friends Lucas and Dustin. The familiar sound of video game machines and lively chatter surrounded them.

Will had known Mike since they were kids, but lately, something had changed. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but whenever he was around Mike, his stomach fluttered, and his cheeks flushed. He tried to shake off these feelings, telling himself it was just friendship, but deep down, he knew it was more.

As Mike approached the group, Will couldn't help but stare. Mike's messy brown hair and infectious laughter made his heart skip a beat. As they exchanged greetings, Will felt a pang of disappointment when Mike's attention shifted to the new high-score challenge on Dig Dug.

Determined to seize the opportunity, Will decided to join the game. He nervously put in a quarter, trying to focus on the screen rather than the butterflies in his stomach. The competition was fierce, and the tension in the air was palpable. Will stole glances at Mike, who was completely absorbed in the game.