💐 signed, anonymous 🩷

Alas, the final bell of the day had rang and the long awaited weekend had begun. Students excitedly exited the room, eager to get home and rest.

That was, everyone except Zander. He remained in his chair, not bothering to leave. He was writing something. Something long, and important.

For the past two weeks the ombré haired latter had been writing anonymous love letters to his childhood best friend. He wasn't sure if Luke, (the boy Zander had been head over heels for for years now) had picked up on the fact that Zander was the one writing the letters.

Every day when the caramel haired came to sit down with him at lunch he'd bring the day's mysterious letter out loud trying to figure out who i giving them to him. It was Zander's favorite part of the day, because not only did he get to tell Luke so many things he's bottled up for years without even having to risk their friendship, but Luke really seemed to like them. He'd blush reading them, and always talked about how much he wanted to find the person. His golden eyes lit up each time he read the letter. Zander couldn't help but flush listening to Luke read out the letters he wrote for him so carefully.

Zander finally finished the last heartfelt message, and didn't know how to feel. He packed his things and told Hailey he'd meet her at the house. Anxiously, the messy haired boy sauntered to Luke's locker and slipped the small envelope in through a small crack on the locker's door.

"Dear Luke,

This is the last letter i'm sending you,
I think that after a couple of weeks of sending you these letters i'm ready to tell you who i am. It's probably going to ruin our friendship and i completely understand if your weirded out by me after this. I'll be outside in school's courtyard near the oak tree and the benches. I love you because the entire universe conspired me to find you, and i'm finally ready to let it all out.

signed, anonymous"

"Well.. This is it. Either the best day of your life or the worst" He thought to himself. The wisteria eyed junior anxiously entered the school's courtyard and waited for Luke.

~~~~~~~~~~

Luke ambled to his locker, in no hurry. He hadn't had much of a reason to get home quickly and was still saying goodbye to his friends.

Eventually, Luke arrived at his locker to get his letterman's jacket and put away his textbooks. He carefully put on his combination and opened the door. The latter grabbed his jacket quickly, and a small white envelope fell to the floor.

"Oh, another letter!" Luke exclaimed, the letters were the favorite part of his day.

He carefully opened the enfold, making sure not to rip the note, and read it in his head.

Once he finished reading the letter he was shocked. He'd finally get to meet the mysterious person writing him the letters. Hopefully, it was someone he knew. It would be kind of awkward if someone he hadn't known at all was putting their heart out into a series of anonymous letters. Wishing for the best, Luke slipped on his Jacket and ran to the school's courtyard.

~~~~~~~~~~

"He hasn't shown up yet.. Maybe I should head home" Zander thought to himself, tapping his fingers anxiously on the bench he was sitting on. This was stupid, Luke is probably going to avoid him after this. He's probably thought the letters were from Stacy. There's no way Luke, someone so kind and gentle would ever love someone as stubborn and selfish as himself.

Zander's thoughts were interrupted when he heard the door open, and faint panting coming from behind him.

"Shit he's here" Zander quickly made sure he looked okay and fixed up his collar.

The sound of footsteps crunching on leaves that had fallen got more and more present until a tall slim figure was standing right around the side of the tree Zander was sitting by.

Luke walked to the side of the tree Zander was near and immediately stopped in his tracks.

"Zander?" the latter said, shocked and in relief.

Zander didn't say anything, he didn't know what to say. He just sat there, and looked away, bringing his hands to his stomach hugging himself tightly.

"Did you... write the letters?" Luke was still in complete shock. He sat down next to Zander on the bench.

"Uh.. yeah.." Zander mumbled. He knew it, Luke would never reciprocate his feelings. He was just humiliating himself at this point. His face was beating up, he wanted to cry. But he couldn't infront of Luke. It would only make things more embarrassing.

"I..." Luke was speechless. He didn't know what to say.

"I love you too, Zander." Luke stammered. Those were the only words he could say, he wanted to say so much more. But all he could get out were six simple words.

Zander jerked his head around and looked Like straight in the eyes, "What?!"

It was silent for what felt like an eternity. Neither of them knew what to say.

After what seemed like forever, Zander spoke up, "I wrote you those letters because I didn't know a way to tell you how I felt, I'd always just assumed you liked Stacy or Hailey or something. It just never crossed my mind that you would ever... feel the same.." Zander spoke in a soft tone, he was still embarrassed about this, even though Luke liked him too.

Luke smiled warmly and looked down at his shoes

"I've actually liked you for a long time now. I think since seventh or eighth grade? It kinda just happened, and when I'd get the letters I always hoped it was from you, but when I read the letters I never thought they were from you because you always kept a straight face when I read them out, if I wrote such amazing letters and had you read them in front of me I'd look like Jake when Daisy does so much as breathe in his direction." Luke chuckled

"Hey now, no need to flirt already, i'm not even your boyfriend yet" Zander teased

"I mean... Do you want to be?" Luke smiled gently.

"Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously."

"Of course!" Zander beamed, and pressed a kiss onto Luke's lips.

[💗]

WOOOOOO FORST ONESHOTT😽😽 i've never written a oneshot before and this one sucks but wtv

{1083 words}