2

Shoving it in his pocket he began to look back at the car, then the empty side walk, before he heard laughing inside and turned to see his son sitting on the counter with his feet swinging talking to what seemed to be a barista.

He even overheard him tell the young lady. "My momma let me eat those."

Which is a complete lie- his mother don't even fuck with him for real.

Zac let out a relief breath before walking over to his son. "You almost gave me a heart attack boy. What happened to the rules? You stay with me at all times especially during the holidays...these folks is crazy." He stated before his eyes peeped the young lady. "Oh sorry but still."

She giggled before shaking her head. "No worries. I was just keeping him company hoping sooner or later his parents came and got him. Never did I think his father was holding the door open for ghost to enter though." She slightly joked.

"Ha ha ha. You so funny." He sarcastically laughed. "But thank you for looking over him. Now what had your attention that you forgot about me?"

"The lady was decorating Christmas Cookies and I wanted to do some." He whined with his lip out.

Zac looked at his watch realizing he was very low on time. "We can pick up a set from Walmart but daddy really has to get going. So how about you tell the nice lady what cookie you want and then we can go from there...hmm?"

"How many can I get?"

"2"

"5!"

"You really want grandma to bust me huh? If I send you to her house with 5 cookies...you really would never see me again." He stated. "Point to the two cookies you want and let's roll."

After another 7 minutes of Junior choosing two cookies, they were finally ready to roll. Zac was a very patient guy but the bakery only had two kinds of cookies, either vanilla icing or chocolate and he never knew it would take his son 7 mins to decide.

"Thanks...Fatima." He stated reading off her name tag.

She gave him a toothless smile before heading to the back. Zac shoved the receipt in his pocket no longer caring for it before they headed to grandma house.

Zac used the key to unlock his mother's house before going inside, smelling the freshly lit holiday candle sent him haywire. 

"Is that my sweet grandbaby I hear?" Momma Taylor yelled as she made her way to the kitchen, Junior was watching Monster University for the 12th time this week, Zac was over it but he didn't care as long as he was quiet. Zac felt like he could play any character and recite the words for all of them as much as Junior watches it. 

"Damn your son huh?" Zac said jealous. 

"And you too old for that lip to be out like that." Momma Taylor said pulling them both into a hug. "Go find grandpa honey, I gotta talk to your father." 

She waited for Junior to run off in his adorable monster inc crocs before giving Zac a love tap. "Ow." He said comforting his head. 

"You must've lost your mind hanging up on me yesterday." 

"Ma..." He sighed. "It was too much going on and you weren't helping me." 

"No. I was helping you but you don't like the truth. You know imma serve it to you straight. I have never liked that Hazel chick, only respected and tolerated her out of respect for you and my grandbaby. What kinda mother leaves their son for almost a month and a half to go chase her dreams across the country AND she hasn't spoken to her son in 2 days?"