Chapter V

The next morning, I wake up to the sound of the door opening. I don't bother moving, still feeling a little tired. Footsteps approach my crib, and I hear a soft voice whisper, "Good morning, baby girl." It's Alice.

She reaches her hand in, gently brushing my hair away from my face. Her touch sends a shiver down my spine, but it's not an unpleasant feeling. "Are you ready to be a good girl today?" she asks with a smile.

I nod, still lying there. "Okay, well, why don't you sit up for me?" She helps me into a sitting position, then reaches into the crib and lifts me out, cradling me in her arms. It feels so good to be held by her again, even if it's just for a moment.

She carries me into the living room, where I see a table set up with a variety of toys. There's a dollhouse, some plastic animals, a play kitchen, and even a little table and chairs. I can't believe my eyes; this is the most toys I've ever seen in one place.

"Oh wait, I almost forgot" Alice says carrying me away, she carried me over to the lab once again, she places me on table. I tense up expecting more surgery but instead, She walks over to the weather machine.

She fiddles with a few knobs and buttons before finally turning a large switch. There's a click and a hiss of air, and then the white noise of the machine stops then, the screen goes black . She steps away, looking satisfied.

"There, leaving that on for too long will flood the forest, I think it's safe to turn it off now."

She takes me back to the living room walking past the game room, entering the hallway then taking the right door across from my room. I'm still in shock, my mouth hanging open as I stare at the table of toys. Alice must have heard my thoughts, because she chuckles and says, "You can play with those all day, if you want." Her voice is soft and gentle, and it makes me feel warm inside.

Alice pulls up her sleeve "Gamer, come to my location now." Soon after another white machine comes rolling in this one is shaped like an human wearing a maid dress, it still rides on tracks and has a torso with two arms and five fingers it's head is round, with 3 eyes.

"This, machine" Alice motions to the new machine, "Is called a gamer bot, it cable of playing human games with another human."

"Oh, like a friend?" I ask, a little confused.

"Yes, just like a friend," Alice says with a smile. "You can teach it games and play together."

I'm still a little nervous, but I decide to give it a try. I reach out my hand and pet the smooth surface of the gamer bot. It feels cool and metallic under my touch. "Okay, let's teach it how to play hide and seek!" I suggest eagerly.

Alice nods, and together we spend the next hour or so teaching the gamer bot the rules of the game. It listens carefully to our instructions, making tiny beeping noises as it processes the information. Finally, we decide to test it out.

I close my eyes and begin to count to ten. When I reach ten, I open my eyes and look around. The gamer bot is already here! It must have found me right away. I giggle and clap my hands excitedly.

"Good job, gamer bot!" I exclaim. "Now, let's see if you can hide really well." I lead it over to a corner of the room, behind a large stuffed animal. It beeps and wiggles until it's completely hidden from view. "Perfect!" I say, feeling proud.

I close my eyes and begin to count again. When I reach ten, I slowly open them and search for the gamer bot. It's really good at hiding! I have to look all over the room before I finally spot it peeking out from under the coffee table. I giggle and run over to it, giving it a big hug.

I start to feel like a kid again, or maybe I already am one.Alice watches us with a smile, looking content. 

"It's so nice to see you enjoying yourself, Little One," she says softly. "You deserve this."