Ch. 16

I've never heard T sound this angry before. I've been on the wrong side of her competitiveness when we go against each other in training and I've seen her anger when a ref makes a bad call in a game, but to this level, I've never experienced it.

"T what's going on? Are you okay?" I ask. Cam looks at me with concern in her eyes.

"Bells, where are you? Are you still with Jess? Are you in your room? When do you have training?" T doesn't answer my question.

"No, I'm out- I went for a walk. T, you're scaring me. What's happening?"

"Are you by yourself?"

"I'm with Cam-"

"Okay, you're going back to your hotel room with Cam. You're not going to talk to anyone but me, Jess and Cam. I'm going to fucking kill-" T interrupts me.

"What the fuck do you mean by kill?" I ask and Cam whips her head toward me. "Wait, T, I'm putting you on speaker, maybe Cam can help me decipher what you're trying to say. What the fuck is happening?" I pull the phone from my ear and put it on speaker so Cam can hear.

"Bells, please just listen to me. You don't have enough time- I could only guess how many reporters are going to be on the way to your hotel right now. Cam, you're going to take her back to her room immediately and you're going to take away her phone. You'll do this if you still care about her." T says.

"T, I'm not a fucking child, tell me what the fuck is going on," I ask, while Cam gets a call. She picks it up while I take my call with T off of speaker phone, still trying to figure out what's going on.

"What?" I hear Cam yell into her phone before promptly ending the phone call. I give her a confused look. She turns towards me, then grabs my wrist. "Trace, if you can hear me, I have it covered. I know. I got it." Cam takes my phone out of my hand and ends the call before dragging me away by the wrist. We only get so far before I get sick of it. I break away from Cam's grasp and make her face me.

"Cam. What. The. Fuck. Is. Going. On."

"Bee, this isn't the time or place. I'll explain when we're inside. Trace's right, we have to hurry." She insists and reaches for my arm again, but I pull away before she can grab it.

"No. Now." I insist. Cam looks like she's stuck between two worlds on whether she should tell me or not, but I know that she knows that I'm not budging until I get a clear answer.

"Look- there was an article released and right now, we just need to get you safe in your room."

"What was the article about?"

"It-" Cam stutters to find her words.

"Say it."

"It was about your parents." Cam finally says and the whole world around me disappears. Cam's mouth is moving, but I can't hear any words she's saying. She takes this opportunity to grab my wrist and drag me back into my hotel room.

Inside my hotel room, Jess is on a call, yelling at someone, but I can't comprehend anything. Cam helps and leads me to sit on my bed. She then rushes to get me some water. Jess is still yelling and after giving me a water bottle Cam also goes on some calls yelling.

The bed I'm sitting on doesn't feel real. I can't feel the sheets underneath my hands. I don't even think I can feel my hands. I look up to see Jess and Cam walking in circles in the small hotel room, still talking vigorously over the phone.

"Stop." I finally say. I don't even feel the words come out of my mouth. Both of them stop their pacing to look at me. They both promise whoever they were calling that they'd call them back before putting all their attention on me. "What did it say? The article I mean."