Ch. 40

"Bells?" a voice breaks Cam and me apart from our hug. I look up to see Harley in the hallway of her home.

"Harley." I nod. "Sorry for coming uninvited. I was just going through some shit."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, Harley, I'm fine. Sorry if I woke you. I just needed someone to talk to."

"You know you're welcome any time, but shit you reek of tequila. Are you sure you're okay? Does TT know you're here?" Harley asks and only when she mentions it does Cam seem to notice that I do smell like I just showered in alcohol. She takes a step back to look at me.

"No, she doesn't know. We had a team bonding thing and we got separated because I was helping someone else get home."

"Do you want us to call her?"

"No," I say firmly. I don't need her worrying. "I was supposed to stay over at my teammates'. She knows I won't be back tonight. No need to wake her up for no reason. That is if I can stay here tonight?"

"Of course," Cam says as if it wasn't even a question up for debate. "Here, come sit down." She guides me to the couch.

"I'll go get you some water," Harley says as she disappears into the kitchen. Cam doesn't waste any time trying to figure out what I was doing at her place.

"What happened?" she asks quietly and quickly. I know she's just doing it as a favor to me because she doesn't know if I want Harley to know about this or not. "How much did you fucking drink?"

"I kissed Bruin- she kissed me, I don't know. But that was that and I left."

"You kissed the girl then you left her house?"

"Yes, I know I fucked up, but I didn't know what else to do. It's not fair to her if drunk me is the one to want her and sober me isn't."

"Yeah." Cam just nods as she waits for me to continue.

"I don't know if I like her or not. I do like being around her, but I don't know if it's as a friend or as more."

"Well, how did you decide with TT?"

"I can't trust that. Everything I've trusted my gut with and started like you and T- well those blew up in my face."

"It wasn't that bad." Cam tries to argue.

"We didn't speak for months. I moved to another fucking country." I smile softly at her.

"Could have been worse."

"How?"

"At least we're talking now." Cam jokes as Harley comes back into the room with a glass of water for me.

"How are you now?" Harley asks as she sits next to Cam and hands me the glass of water.

"Calmed down a bit," I say as I accept the glass of water and take a sip. "Just Chelsea team drama."

"Messy team." Harley softly laughs as she shakes her head.

"Yo, not too much on the best team in London."

"I don't know about that one." Cam laughs.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember you winning the London derby. As I recall, we won." I shrug.

"Get the fuck out my house." Harley points her head towards the door with a smile.

"You'll get a chance to redeem yourself- actually I don't know when we play you again."

"That confident you'll win that we're not even on your minds?" Cam asks me.

"A lot of other things on my mind to be fair, but that too." I wink at them and Harley rolls her eyes. "It's not my fault we're still in contention for the quadruple and you guys bottled it so bad you couldn't even get past UWCL qualifications."