If I fall for you, I'll never recover.

By now you would've thought Branch would be annoyed with you. It had been three days since you brought him into your home, and two days since you decided you wanted to explore your feelings.

Branch had learned two of your instruments quickly, he seemed to be exploring different kinds of music which made you curious. Could he be like you? Can you switch from being one type of troll your entire life to being different? You knew no matter what type of troll he was you would love him the same.

Every morning since he had been with you breakfast was always ready when you woke up, along with a cup of coffee. He had learned the way you liked it very quickly. He also helped a lot around your house. He cleaned all of your instruments with you and even reorganized your music room, which was needing to be done anyways.

"If Poppy were here this place would be big mess." Branch thought out loud while he made lunch. It was currently midday on the 3rd day of being trapped. The snow had gone down some, but not enough for little trolls to make it back to the village.

"She is my friend and all, but I don't think I ever want to have a slumber party with her." You agreed. You were helping him make some sort of food. "I would prefer my house not to be covered in glitter and rainbows."

Branch hummed in response. You finished whatever you were helping with and turned to watch him cook. He had his tongue poking out a small bit because he was focusing. Without thinking about it took much, you said,

"It's cute when you do that." You were surprised yourself at what you said. So, when he turned to stare at you with wide eyes, you stared right back with an equally shocked expression.

"Do what?" He tilted his head and avoided eye contact, putting his focus back into what his hands were doing. His pupils dilated.

You could hear your heart pounding in your chest as you also turned your focus to something else. "You stick your tongue out when you focus on stuff. Sorry if I was weird for saying that I wasn't really thinking." You trailed off.

He whipped his head in your direction. "No! It's totally fine! Don't apologize for that!" Branch cleared his throat and turned back to the food. "I mean, I wouldn't ever deny a compliment from a cute troll." He said, his eyes still looking at the food, but he had tilted his head in your direction. His entire face was burning. So was yours though.

"I could say the same about you." You aren't sure where this confidence came from, even though you were still freaking out.

Branch finished making lunch in comfortable silence. The two of you sat at the island in your kitchen and ate, not talking about the conversating before.

"Well, we've cleaned the house and i taught you to play a couple of my instruments. What should we do today?" You spoke up after swallowing a bite. Branch was surprisingly a great cook.

"Hm. I don't know, do you have any ideas?" He replied.

"I do, but it might seem childish." You raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing is too childish for me." He said sarcastically.

"This is some Poppy type behavior though. Are you sure a big strong man like you can handle it?" You leaned forward on the counter a bit.

"I can handle anything." He also leaned forward closer to your face. You felt your face grow hot for he hundredth time since he's been here. "Especially if I can handle staying with you for more than a day." He teased.

"Okay Mr. tough guy, let's make a blanket fort." You stood up and put your dishes in the sink. You dragged your chair from the kitchen to the living room while Branch did the same.