Part 2: The Plot Begins

The next morning

Sonic stood at Cheep-Cheep beach and looked at the water. He hated swimming and regretted not wanting to take Toad's boat to the islands. He uttered, "Water...Why did it have to be water?" he touched the water with his foot. "Okay, you can do this." he then assumed a track position and his fur and eyes glowed.

"Gotta go fast!" he muttered.

Sonic took a deep breath and felt the cool water beneath his feet as he sped through it

Sonic took a deep breath and felt the cool water beneath his feet as he sped through it. The blue liquid seemed to glide effortlessly beneath him, and he felt like he was on Easy Street for a while. However, his sense of ease was short-lived, as he soon realized the Starlight Islands were going to be much harder to reach than he had anticipated.

Just as this realization hit him, a sudden lightning bolt narrowly missed him, causing him to yelp in surprise. He looked up in alarm and saw storm clouds gathering in the sky, which made him anxious about the rest of the journey.

Suddenly, Sonic noticed a giant wave approaching him, and he screamed as he was instantly slammed into the water by the force of it. He went under and started to panic, but then he remembered to move his arms and legs. He kicked his legs and struggled to stay afloat as the thunder continued to boom overhead.

And then, as if from nowhere, he saw a horse made entirely of water staring at him.

He was initially scared and wasn't sure what it was going to do, but then the horse disappeared as suddenly as it had appeared

He was initially scared and wasn't sure what it was going to do, but then the horse disappeared as suddenly as it had appeared. Sonic gasped for air as he swam to the surface, and then continued his journey to the Starlight Islands with renewed determination.

"Okay...Gotta keep going..." Sonic thought.

Suddenly, he noticed the horse coming from underneath him and he yelped as he noticed some more waves coming at him.

Sonic began to feel a sense of despair. The islands appeared to be situated in a location that was almost impossible to reach, and the thought of having to traverse such treacherous terrain made him even more anxious. He even wondered if the horse was a divine spirit or a god sent to slow him down or kill him altogether.