5

| December 8th |

"Are we still on for the Christmas on Ice?" Zac asked. The last few days they weren't talking much. Fatima had been dealing home stuff and Zac and Hazel continued to argue so both of their heads were everywhere.

"Yeah." She whispered.

"Why are you whispering? You one of those sex workers that do it over the phone?" He joked making her smack her lips. "Can't stand your ass."

"Still didn't answer the question."

"Being a lawyer and an over-the-phone sex worker does not go together."

"Didn't a dude in the Senate literally film an entire porno at the place? Exactly." Zac shot back.

"And I actually stop being a lawyer a year or two back even though I wanna go back. And you don't need to pick me up from my house, I will meet you there," Fatima said.

"Nonsense beautiful. Why do that if we both going to the same place?"

"To save drama and headaches."

"Ohhh..." Zac finally caught on. "From Isabella? Hm..."

Fatima busted out laughing before covering her mouth. "Ian is the name."

Well he act like a pussy bitch so...- author🤣

"I gotta drop off the tree anyways...I can't keep riding with it on the back of my pickup truck."  Zac stated. "It will take no more than 25 minutes. Take it off the bed of my truck and place it either in the house or garage, wherever you need it."

"Okay fine." She smiled giving in. "You can just put it in the garage and I will get Ian to carry it inside."

"Or I can do it since I am already gonna be bringing in the garage."

"What's your play here?" She asked skeptically.

"I mean...this nigga finna take credit for my work. I was the one who was out there in the cold...it was colder than Elsa ankles in that bitch and finna come in and reap the benefits of my hard work." He ranted and Fatima laughed the entire time. Zac was so adorable to her, so young but mature. So mature but full of laughs and life. She loved that. It was something she needed and she was finally coming to terms with it.

Finally having enough because she felt her stomach hurting from the laughing. "Fine boy!"

"Perfect. I will see you at 3 pretty girl." Zac ended the call.

It was barely noon which meant Ian was on his way home for his hourly lunch like he does every day. He requested tortilla soup and Fatima had to go out to buy the ingredients but also research hundreds of recipes.

She heard the garage door open just as she turned the stove off. She had to quickly rush to plate the food and grab his water before he came in the house.

He expected the food to be hot and ready at his seat every time he came home, rather it was lunch or dinner.

"Hey honey." He said startling her as he crept his way in from the mudroom that was attached to the garage area.

"Hey. How has work been so far?"

"The usual." He placed his briefcase down before cleaning his heads off. He kissed her on the cheek causing her to flinch in fear. He looked at her oddly for a few seconds before sitting down and diving in."You're not gonna eat anything?" He asked as he noticed she sat down with nothing.

"Uhm no...I am coming down with the stomach bug I believe and I don't wanna mess around with it." She omitted. She didn't wanna eat because she knew if the food was trash, he would beat her up. With her having a sensitive stomach, she didn't wanna throw it up. Last time she threw up as he was abusing her, he forced her to eat it up or she would be out in the cold. To save herself the time and energy, she would eat when he leaves.