Chapter Two

Off had been circling the supermarket aisles for more than an hour now.

"Do people usually shop like this? Is he looking for Yamashita's treasure here?" Off whispered to himself.

Yet again, the person Off is following turned to the next aisle.

"Why does he shop like this? Is this a never-ending saga of turning and turning?"

Off was pulled out of his thoughts when his phone vibrated in his pocket.

"Hello?"

"P'Off..."

"Shit. Not this person again."

"What?"

"You see... my uncle..."

Off closed his eyes and heaved a sigh.

"Chalita, listen to me. This will be the last time that you will ask me to meet your family. We don't have something going on between us. I made it clear to you from the very beginning, that it was only a one-night stand. Why can't you understand?"

Off felt like his throat had run dry with what he said, only to be greeted by silence.

The next thing he heard were light sniffles.

"I'm sorry if I'm bothering you... I just..., really like you, P'Off."

When Off heard this, he closed his eyes and massaged his temples.

Why can't they understand that what he has to offer is only one time?

"I appreciate your affection towards me, but I cannot return it, Chalita. You know that I don't like commitments..."

"I can wait, P'Off. I can wait until you're ready..."

"I will never be ready. I don't like commitments, and that's it. Please stop calling me. We're done."

Just that, and Off ended the call.

Off started looking left and right to find the person he was following earlier. He scratched his head hard when he didn't find him.

"This might be another jinxed day. Chalita never brought anything but bad luck." Off said, and turned to walk away, but was met by a little figure standing behind him.

"You know I could press charges on you for stalking, right?" Gun directly told him.

Off hanged his mouth in surprise. The nerve of this guy.

"Well... you're technically stalking him, Off. So stop acting innocent." Off thought.

People started looking at them with weird looks. Off took it as a chance to use it to his advantage.

"Me? Stalking you? Are you insane? Why would I stalk you?" Off said, as he exaggeratedly pointed his hands to himself.

"Why are you accusing me of stalking you? Do you like me?"

Instead of getting intimidated, Gun crossed his arms.

"Are you done? You look so dry with your acting. Not to mention the old age."

Off felt like he got deaf with what he heard.

"What?! You didn't call me old, did you?" Off asked Gun, as he inched closer to him.

Gun raised his eyebrow at him. "Calm down. No one's going to bargain for your age. At least admit that you're..."

"Enough." Off said and looked at his surroundings.