7.

(Santana's POV)

"...Did we have sex?"

I have just opened my eyes, the room is spinning and I am pretty sure I am about 5 seconds from throwing up. I think I might still be drunk. We weren't even that bad when we left the bars last night, it was when we got back to Britt's apartment, things got all deep and emotional and we just kept drinking. "I-" I finally open my mouth but instantly have to throw my hand in front of my mouth and run to Brittany's bathroom to ungraciously spew up the cocktail of wine and liquor I consumed less than 12 hours ago.

I swill my face and my mouth out, once I feel like my head is back in the room I become very aware that I am stark bullock naked! I frantically look around for something to cover my modesty with and thankfully Britt has fresh towels on the radiator. I wrap myself up and walk back out into the bedroom, where Britt looks like she is going through it herself. "I am so sorry. I had to puke." I apologise for my sudden exit. Britt is wrapped tightly in the bedsheets, she wraps them around herself a little tighter when she see me walks in. "Why are we naked?" she asks me. "Did we have sex?" she adds again.

"No Britt, we didn't have sex." I say. I might have been off my face on liquor but I know for a fact I didn't have sex with my best friend. "Then why are we naked in bed together?" she asks, not able to piece last nights events together in a coherent timeline to make sense of it all. "We were just that wasted that we couldn't be bothered to put our pyjamas on." I shrug, joining her back on the bed. She shifts away slightly, clearly embarrassed that we are naked and sober now. "But how did we get to that point?" she cries. "We just drank a fuck tonne, nothing else to say." I giggle. "You kept tickling me, so much I couldn't breath and then you kissed me-"

Britt gets up in a flash, sheets still in tact around her as she takes her turn to go and throw up. Several minutes later she reappears, looking as white as a ghost. "Wow, don't think someone kissing me has ever had that affect before." I chuckle lightly. "I am so sorry." she says, her voice strained. "For what? The kiss!? Don't worry about it, we were drunk." I say. It really isn't a big deal, I just hope Brittany doesn't make it one. "What happened after I kissed you?" she asks covering her eyes. "Wow, do you really not remember?" I ask, surprised at how much recollection she is missing. "I really don't." she says shaking her head. "Britt, seriously don't sweat it. In fact it was barely a kiss, it was over within one second, you got off me, insisted we did shots and the rest is history." I rub her shoulder trying to consolidate her, she looks mortified.

"I am never ever drinking again." she cries out, falling back on the bed. "I had a really great night though, it was so good to go out just the two of us. And you picked up plenty of girls numbers, all pretty ones too, I am so proud of you....Britt?...Britt?" I turn around and see Britt has passed out, fell back asleep. "Brittany!" I raise my voice a little louder, but no luck. She doesn't wake. I get up, take a quick shower and dress myself back into my outfit from the night before and order myself an Uber home.

---

(Brittany's POV)

It's two in the afternoon and I have only just reawaken. Santana must have left hours ago, I must have passed out on her. I cannot believe I kissed her, I cannot believe we woke up naked in the same bed!!! I can't stop thinking about it all. Santana said it was barely a kiss, but to me it was everything. Even if it was just one second, in that second I felt all the magic in the world yet again. I just crave her lips on mine.

What the fuck am I going to do!? Santana is dating Gia and she has shown absolutely zero indication that anything is there on her end. And why would there be? She tells me countlessly I am her best friend. This whole situation is depressing and I just can't think straight. Maybe I should go away for a while? Some retreat in the remotest part of the world? But then what good will that do? Nothing, I will still want Santana when I return. I have to talk to someone about this...I pick up my phone and call Quinn.