Just Another Day | March 3rd, 1997

It's currently 6:23 A.M, and I'm scrambling to grab my shit. I thought today was an off day. Oh, how wrong I was. Where I came from, we had off-days every fifth Wednesday of every month. You see, I used to live in Liverpool with my mom, dad, and Grandma. My dream was to live on the Island of Sodor. So for my 7th birthday, my parents surprised me with the fact that we were moving to Sodor!

 So for my 7th birthday, my parents surprised me with the fact that we were moving to Sodor!

As you might expect, I was over the moon. Not only was I going to live on Sodor, but I was going to escape the bullies of my old school. The move happened over the summer. We moved into the Ffarquhar district, (which if you don't know, is on Thomas The Tank Engine's Branchline).

Initially, I thought that making friends here would be a chore, but luckily, I was able to join a friend group consisting of: Hunter Graham, a sci-fi addict, Jason Robinson, and Jackson Brown, an aspiring filmmaker. Together, we make up a group of four idiots who share one common factor: we live trains. Hey, when you live on an island full of trains, ya tend to admire them!

"Roderick honey," Called my mom, "are you ready?"

"Yep!"

"C'mon, you don't wanna miss Thomas's morning train like yesterday."

I quickly grabbed my bag, kissed my mom and grandma, and ran towards the station. There, I was greeted by Jackson, Hunter, and Jason. After we all did our handshake, we started gossiping about school. Everything was going well until Jackson tapped my shoulder. I turned around to see Maxwell & Ludlow Jones and Jared Harrison right behind us. Now, these three aren't exactly bullies, but they do know how to piss one off.

"Well, well, well," Maxwell began, "If it isn't the four goofballs: Rod-Dick, Crackson, Jason Dorkee, and Hunter Graham Cracker."

"Stow it, Jones," replied Jason.

"What," Ludlow said in a sly tone, "We're not allowed to make jokes?"

"By the way, Roderick," said Maxwell, "you still need to let me know."

"Let you know what?"

"Let me know when I can get your Mom's phone number!"

Now, if there is one thing I do not tolerate, It's jokes about my mom. It happened way too much at my old school. And I wasn't about to let it happen here. So without warning, I right-hooked Maxwell right in the face.

"YOU JUST DID IT NOW YOU LITTLE WORM!" yelled Maxwell. Soon, all seven of us were in an all-out fight. Thank god we have a judo black belt, and they have a green belt. The fight lasted for about 4 minutes before the stationmaster broke it up.

"That's enough!" He boomed, "Maxwell, do not make me call your parents like last week."

"You'd never dare," Maxwell muttered in a defiant tone.

"Yeah, I would," the stationmaster said as he clenched his fists, "And don't you forget it!"

Before Maxwell could say something worse, we heard a whistle in the distance, and Thomas The Tank Engine pulled into the station with Annie, Clarabel, and the special coach. The four of us boarded Clarabel while Maxwell and his gang got held back with the stationmaster. After about ten minutes, the guard blew his whistle, and we set off. The train ride is the best part of school, the scenery, the time to relax, or get a lay in. It just gives you this feeling of total euphoria. I wonder if this will last forever.