Prolouge

Elena Ivy Forbes

I didn't ask to be a half-blood

I didn't ask to be a half-blood. All i wanted was to stop being bullied. If you're seeing this because you think you may be in my situation, close this book, now. Believe what ever lie you were told about your birth, and lead the same normal life you have been. If you are in fact just a normal kid who like's fiction then please, read on. But, if you start to recognize your life in these chapters, stop reading immediately. Trust me you don't want to be one of us. If you start to realize that you might be one of us it will be too late they will sense it too and they will come for you.
Don't say i didn't warn you.

———————————————————————————

I'm Elena Forbes,
I was sent to camp-half blood when i was 13 years old, along with my sister Ember Forbes but she left when she was claimed. I would explain but it will be much easier for you to just hear the whole story so we'll begin with the day I found out that I wasn't normal.

———————————————————————————

On December 7th,1999. Also known as my 13th birthday, I woke up and jumped out of my bed running to my parents bedroom, they weren't there so I ran into to the kitchen where i found my sister, Ember. She was making breakfast.

"Where's mom and dad?" I asked sitting at the island.

"No clue. I woke up before they normally go to work and they weren't here." She said plating some eggs and handing it to me.

"Huh... I wonder where they went." I said looking down clearly upset.

"Hey, I'm sure they will be back soon." She said smiling at me. "Happy 13th birthday, Little Sis." She patted me on the head. "Guess I'm taking you to school."

"Ok!" I said and ran to my room getting ready. I heard a loud knock on the front door and left my room and saw some creature with wings and a somewhat human body attacking Ember. I ran into the kitchen and threw a plate at the creature who was trying to stab my sister and Ember got up and ran to mme grabbing my hand and running me out of the house into our parent's car.

I got in the passenger seat while she got in the drivers seat and put her seat belt on telling me to do the same as she sped out of the drive way and started driving out of the neighborhood and made turns we had never made before.

"Where are we going?" i asked.

"You know that book i asked you to read when i went to summer camp, about the greek gods to remind you of me when i was gone every summer?" She asked. I nodded in response. She went to this summer camp every year and she came back with these stories about training for something big. I never really thought she was telling the truth. "Well the gods in that book are real and sometimes they meet a mortal- or a human and they have a kid with them and those kids are called demi-gods," She said while still sme what speeding down the road.