pain.

that night theo was in agonising pain.

the shards in his knuckles scratching and burning. keeping the poor boy awake.

aurora had another nightmare that night and had made her way into their dorm. she opened the door as quietly as she could and made her way to her boyfriends bed.

theo had sat up the moment he saw the stream of light from the opening door, praying that he hadnt fallen asleep again. he hadnt.

"why are you up?" he asked, whispering

"nightmare. you?" she climbed into his bed next to him

"just couldnt sleep. wanna talk about it?"

"no"

theo nodded and hung his injured hand off the edge of the bed as they both layed down

"are you okay?" she whispered into his shoulder

"hm?" he heard her perfectly fine.

"are you okay theo?"

"yes yeah im fine" he pressed a kiss to her forehead "go back to sleep im here"

"i know you are." she paused "physically, not mentally, wheres your mind?"

"i am here, im fully here, just tired, love. honestly"

"no youre not, please talk to me"

"aurora, im fine"

"if you dont want to talk about it thats fine but dont lie to me about how youre feeling"

"okay, im not fine and i don't want to talk about it. go to sleep rora"

she ran her fingers through his hair and kissed his shoulder "you need to sleep too"

"i will try, wake me if you have another nightmare"

"mm i will" she hummed in response and let her eyes shut.

true to his word, theo tried to ignore the pain in his hand and focased on the sleeping girl in his bed with steady breath.

too distracted by the thoughts of infection and, quite obviously, the pain he felt (both emotional and physical) as well as his girlfriend's nightmare, theo did not sleep that night.

A/N:

short chapter again im sorry mls

hope you all had a wonderful christmas tell me your favourite gift or memory from the holidays please i love it >