3

AN: Writing this chapter was interesting for me. Hope you enjoy it!

___________________

Season 1, Episode 14: Fool Me Once

Bonnie and Sheila sit at a table, talking about what just happened.

"How did you know where we were?" Bonnie asked after being unable to figure out how her Grams knew.

Sheila gave her a serious look. "Many things can fuel a witches power. Worry. Anger. After Stefan told me they had taken you, I had a lot of both. Simple locater spell was easy after that."

Bonnie looked apologetic. "I'm sorry. About all of this."

"Not as sorry as they're gonna be." Sheila said, smirking.

A moment later, Stefan and Elena enter the room.

"So what do we do now?" Elena asked.

"Well, for now, you need to stay here." Stefan told them, knowing they wouldn't be completely safe otherwise.

Sheila scoffed. "A prisoner, in my own home? I don't think so."

"I can't protect you if you leave the house." Stefan protested.

But Sheila was a stubborn woman. "We'll protect ourselves." She insisted.

"Are we letting Damon get Katherine back?" Elena asked.

Bonnie was quick to speak, "No! He doesn't deserve to get what he wants."

Elena sighed, "What other choice do we have?" She asks as she looks up at Stefan.

"Witches being pulled down by vampire problems. As much as we tried to do to stay out of it. I'll open the tomb. You get your brother's girl and destroy the rest with fire. Then this will be all over." Grams spoke to Stefan.

Stefan looked doubtful. "We still have to get Damon to agree." He reminded.

Elena smiled, "He already agreed once. He can do it again."

"Yeah, and then you double crossed him. So now he's angry." Stefan said, making Elena wince.

She had wanted both Salvatore brothers to fight over her but her plans kept falling flat since Stefan doesn't have any interest.

So she decided to make Stefan show interest.

She double crossed Damon, knowing that he may end up attacking her and hoped that Stefan would save her. She would then turn around and make Damon feel guilty for attacking her.

Unfortunately, the only thing she managed to do was upset both Salvatores.

"He's hurt. There's a difference. I think I know what I have to do." Elena said.

To her surprise, Stefan shook his head. "No, you should stay here. Bonnie and Sheila can at least protect themselves, you can't. It's better for everyone if you remain here."

"But—" Elena went to protest but Stefan continued. "Besides, seeing Damon may only make things worse."

Elena sighed, "Okay." She agreed.