FOOTNOTE // S.C

Based on the song 'Footnote' by Conan Gray.

College au

Credits to a friend who let me copy her work, lol.

(You're John B's sister)

In which you confess, but your feelings go unrequited.

~~~

You said at a party that i was too drunk, i told you i liked you, you said, "sober up", but why would i lie, its so clear i'm inlove with you

NARRATOR'S POV:

"We should get you home" Sarah sighed, watching as your eyes were beginning to flutter shut as the two of you stood in the corner of some random house, drunk college kids dancing all around you. "You're really drunk"

"M not drunk" You protested lightly, though you didn't stop the blonde as she grabbed your arm and slung it around her shoulder, determined to get you back to your house.

"Sure" She teased, leading you towards the front entrance.

"Sar, 'm not drunk" Your words had begun to slur, and your steps had become more clumsy than they usually were. The blonde merely shook her head and rolled her eyes at your words as the pair of you stepped out onto the porch and into the cool, night air.

"Alright, babe. I believe you." She spotted her car amongst the numerous others, praying that you would stay awake long enough to walk to it.

You nodded to yourself, mumbling something that Sarah could barely hear. "You gotta speak up, doll. I can't hear you."

"I said," You began, hiccuping. "I said that i like it when you call me babe because i like you." The blonde froze in her spot, your words seeping into her brain.

"We need to sober you up" was all she said as she continued the trek to her car. "You don't mean that."

"Why would i lie?" You asked as Sarah opened the passenger side door, helping you sit on the leather seat. "I love you."

Before the blonde could even think of a response, you were out cold.

~~~

A tense conversation, you like someone else, i say, "If i waited, could that maybe help?" You told me that patience won't change how you felt for me

"We need to talk about last night" was the first thing your bestfriend said as she stepped into your room with a water bottle and Advil in hand.

"What are you talking about?" You grumbled. You had only just woken up, and the light was way too bright for your eyes. Needless to say, you were really fucking hungover. Sitting up, you rubbed the sleep from your eyes, staring at the blonde who held an expression that you had never seen before.

"You told me that you like me" She handed you the water and painkillers as she watched your face turn from confusion to horror to embarrassment.

"Oh..." You trailed off. "And how do you um- how do you feel?"

"I-i like someone else Y/n; You're brother, John B...."

Her words hit you like a bullet. The words kept repeating on your head as you let it all sink down.

I-i like someone else Y/n; You're brother, John B

You cracked open the water bottle, not looking at Sarah at all and trying to distract yourself from your heart breaking into two halves. You take a sip, and then another, and another.

"Y/n..."

"If i gave you time to think, is there any way your feelings might change?"

Sarah sighed. "I'm sorry, Y/n. You're my bestfriend, i just- i could never see you like that"

"Right, obviously."

~~~

So i'll just take a footnote in your life, and you could take my body, every line i would write for you, but a footnote will do

"So John B asked me out earlier, and i said 'yes!' how great is that?" Sarah asked as she lied on your bed, her feet swinging back and forth behind her. You sat at your desk, laptop open and fingers typing furiously upon the keyboard.

"So great, Sar" You responded, though your best friend could barely hear the unenthusiastic tone that your voice was laced with as she continued to talk about your brother.

You were only ever going to be Sarah's best friend - this is something that you had come to terms with. Even though the blonde had consumed your mind, had become the subject of the poetry that you wrote for your eyes only, was the only girl you knew you'd love, you would have to accept that you would never be anything more to her than just a footnote in her story.

~~~

What's up everyone! Just wanted to let you know that i might write a book about this au but a lot longer, more like a story. That's all i guess.